The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

LIke a lot of the earlier posters, I am not scared by them anymore. But I HATE Derby matches. Hate them hate them hate them. I just can't bear the thought of losing to those vermin and of having to listen to their rabble afterwords.

Back in the day it was easier for me. You'd expect to get battered but then when you got something else it was the greatest thing ever. That 4-1 in the spring of '04 where Fowler netted about 4 minutes in was one of the greatest feelings I'd ever had up to that point.

In a strange way I almost miss those old days where there was nothing to lose and only upside. Nothing was worse as a "derby week" than the 30 April match in '12. I was such a wreck that I ALMOST did not watch that.

We are not dealing with the Utd of old. Moyes is a naturally defensive manager. His instinct will be to try and stop us scoring and hit us on the break. He will approach this game as if he was still the Everton Manager.

The solution is simple. we must convert our chances. If we do, we'll win comfortably. As I've said in another thread, I'm expecting us to bring the 'A' game to tomorrows match. Camel Gob and Vidic shit their shorts when Sergio is on the ball and if Yaya chooses to, he can make Utd's defence and midfield look like the no hopers they are.

Their fans, players, manager and the rest of the entire fucking edifice are a bunch of shithouses. We just need to make sure that we don't fluff our lines.

Years ago, the derby ticket was the ticket to have tbh. Since I have had a season ticket and more importantly since we did the double over them in our title winning season and beat them in the semi final the year before I quite honestly see it as just another game.... with edge. It is high on my list of games I don't mind missing. Hence I will be watching it from Gran Canaria (probably in Shenanigans if anyone's around)

BillyShears said:
No nerves for me ... feel very calm and confident. I expect us to dominate the ball and the game and run out comfortable winners.

I love your confidence BS.

As always or at least in this summary of yours I hope your predictions belay your initials.

NoahCity said:
Been reading BR lately and United are heavily favored on there. Seems like we are heading into this as underdogs.

city 13/10
united 23/10

what is BR? have you been reading bullshit review or are you reading the odds prices backwards

BillyShears said:
No nerves for me ... feel very calm and confident. I expect us to dominate the ball and the game and run out comfortable winners.

I'll second this...bigtime.....I used to dread playing them bastards...no more though..in fact,don't think I worry about any team now.

jimharri said:
lmjones1uk said:
Any pro city articles today? Rag PR machine has been into over drive as lots of Pro united / Rooney stories plus the old "Liverpool" is our biggest rival chestnut!
Didi on SSN saying we have more potential than the vermin.

look on skys' sport website today. fecking hilarious - 5 articles about the scum (all pro scum) and 1 article about city (negative). where is that conspiracy thread when i need it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.