The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

SPIDERBOY said:
BillyShears said:
No nerves for me ... feel very calm and confident. I expect us to dominate the ball and the game and run out comfortable winners.

I'll second this...bigtime.....I used to dread playing them bastards...no more though..in fact,don't think I worry about any team now.

likewise but I worry about how we will go against any team (LOL).

We need to be very disciplined about guarding our left side when we are not in possession: don't want their RW and RB doubling up on Kolarov.

Yaya will need to be at his most combative and commanding.

Play anything like our best, individually and collectively, and we will win; any lapse in concentration and commitment and we'll be sunk. Concentration includes not giving soft free kicks away in our last third.

995145_142445522630613_413158221_n.jpg

294916_112652512276581_1560276766_n.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nellyonthewing said:
A lot of people are backing Nasri to play after his performance mid week. For me he has seldom put consecutive good performances together and he really needs to step up now and string some 8/10 matches together instead of his average 6/10 & that' s being generous.
Also, he's not a big game player. He rarely shines on the big occasion imo.
This statement was disproved somewhere earlier in the thread. You might want to take a look true.

karen7 said:
ban-mcfc said:

Is the guy on his knees on the ground a bluemooner?

don't think so, i remember around the time there was some discussion about him but no-one claimed to be him.

my mate is the one on telly who hugs him though.

Re: Derby nerves

Didsbury Dave said:
toffee balls said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is the first derby in about 3 years where I don't fancy us.

Not because they are a better team but because of the system we have been playing, and also because of clichy's absence.

If we set up the same as we have done with yaya and fernandinho sitting deep and taking turns to bomb on, I think they'll punish us by telling Rooney to drift into that space on the right of their midfield, and then hit him with the ball when they break up our attacks so he can run at the gap we leave.

Assuming silva plays we can hurt them of course, but I've got a bad gut feel about this one if we don't change our midfield significantly. We leave acres of space for a team to break into and they do that very well.

Sorry to bring bad vibes to the party ;-)[/

We need to get the fullbacks bombing on and I am personally thinking in that role Kolarov is a strength , not a weakness
I agree about the formation but kolorov is a huge weakness

He has been better this last month than Clichy has been since around the middle of March.

He has the best delivery of any player in our squad and offers plenty going forward.

He has showed a great deal of character to somewhat silence the boo boys and deserves his place on merit.

Note to Gael

A) don't get injured on international duty when you are nowt but a decent sub
B) up your game sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.