Not open for further replies.
Kenney_The_Blue said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Bluewonder said:
Elaborate?

Bluewonder - 2 posts ...mmmm........

Bout as subtle as a fookin sledgehammer

hmmmmm

Sorry my bad -it was bricksy who said it - no idea his post count or authenticity - apologies in advance
You can understand the scepticism though

I take it Bluewonder invented Bricksy as some kind of trojan horse for his sad attempt at humour
Fookin trogs the lot of them

FromPollockToSilva said:
FantasyIreland said:
Surely i'm not alone in recognising Negredo's a better choice than Dzeko?

He's more mobile and powerful and wont give their centre halves a second to relax.For me,he also adds more to the team dynamic and plays the target man much better allowing our latino boys more time and opportunity to play.

Maybe, although Dzeko's average pass completion so far this season (admittedly looking at a very small sample size) is better than Negredo's, and ball retention from the front man will be important. Negredo also lost the ball five times against Stoke due to poor control, and was dispossessed on another three occasions, so he might not be the best choice to hold the ball.

Ferdinand and Vidic would be much more comfortable playing against Dzeko or Negredo than they would if Aguero is pushed forward to use his pace against them.

simon23 said:
If we play 4 in.midfield we will get overrun....Rooney will drop deep to make a 5th man and play inbetween the lines...

Aguero can do.this for.us but is not.that string in that position as rooney or indeed as tevez was for us
I thik if pellers plays wthr same.system as he has dione so far we will get beat....just my opinion

I don't know about getting beat but I am pretty sure there will be no deviation from the current system. Silva will play if fit as he is part of the quartet that includes Kompany, Toure, Aguero who will always play unless rested for perceived bigger (ie CL) games. Fernandinho is possibly in this group. The system will not change but say replacing for Navas for Milner may attest to a slightly more defensive mindset in some circumstances.

Dzeko and Aguero will start and Silva will replace Nasri (or Nasri may bump Navas to the bench) but when everyone is fit our default starting 11 is pretty clear and will be used more often than not.

Attitude is key. We have had the beating of them more often than not so get the mind set right and the rest will follow.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Bluewonder - 2 posts ...mmmm........

Bout as subtle as a fookin sledgehammer

hmmmmm

Sorry my bad -it was bricksy who said it - no idea his post count or authenticity - apologies in advance
You can understand the scepticism though

I take it Bluewonder invented Bricksy as some kind of trojan horse for his sad attempt at humour
Fookin trogs the lot of them

What on Earth are you talking about? I was just wondering if the guy had heard anything. I'm afraid I'm not quite cynical enough to automatically assume that it's a Rag on the wind-up.

we have won 4 and lost 2 of the last 6 competitive matches , the two games yooonited won , a narrow 3-2 defeat when we played with 10 men for 80 minutes , and they got a deflected free kick in the 93rd minute last season by the rapist . All the "experts" are salivating and tipping a yooonited walk over , even the armchair brigade in my local are expecting to put us in our place , but the bookies make us favourites ("not in my lifetime" baconface!!) and ive put a nice wedge on 1-0 and 2-1 for us .

Serious question here, how much does Moyes' track record at the Etihad worry you? Only lost 1 of the last 6, winning 4. Surely the best away record of any manager at the Etihad.

FWIW, I think it will be a draw on Sunday; neither side will want to have lost two of their opening five.

cibaman said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
FantasyIreland said:
Surely i'm not alone in recognising Negredo's a better choice than Dzeko?

He's more mobile and powerful and wont give their centre halves a second to relax.For me,he also adds more to the team dynamic and plays the target man much better allowing our latino boys more time and opportunity to play.

Maybe, although Dzeko's average pass completion so far this season (admittedly looking at a very small sample size) is better than Negredo's, and ball retention from the front man will be important. Negredo also lost the ball five times against Stoke due to poor control, and was dispossessed on another three occasions, so he might not be the best choice to hold the ball.

Ferdinand and Vidic would be much more comfortable playing against Dzeko or Negredo than they would if Aguero is pushed forward to use his pace against them.

Depends how deep they're planning on defending. Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero are all excellent at playing over the top, and all three could strip Rio and Vidic for pace. If they decide to defend deeper then Aguero picking up the ball between the lines and driving at the defence will probably be a more effective use of his talents.

Sunday is a no lose game for both sides really. I expect Moyes to pack the midfield with Fellani & Weetabix head dishing out some stick along with one or 2 others as they might get away with it due to the selection of the referee.

I will go for a 2-1 win for us but would not be surprised with a draw.

I think a lot of it will be down to how the officals referee the game and what the cheating Rags are allowed to get away with or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.