The Media Against Pep?

Ferguson played his hand from a position of strength, the click bait media whores needed to feed the rag hordes and Ferguson was gatekeeper to the trough.

I agree, but that's not to say we have no strength. Arguably we are the most successful English club in recent years, we are certainly on a strong upward trajectory and have the world's most coveted manager. I don't think there's too many newspapers that would been keen on having their journalists barred from press conferences. And if we started doing that, I am sure the others would take note and have a little think first about what they wanted to say and print.

Who knows, maybe it wouldn't help. But what we are doing at the moment is not working and we must try a new approach.

Unless it was something extreme I would never ban a media organisation.
Individual journalists on the other hand is different matter.
If we feel a journalist has an agenda against the club then we advise the media outlet in good time before the next match that the journalist in question will not be given accreditation - but we would be more than happy to welcome another reporter from their organisation.

Job done.

I know things are dire when I hear the "a few bad apples" argument.

I agree, but that's not to say we have no strength. Arguably we are the most successful English club in recent years, we are certainly on a strong upward trajectory and have the world's most coveted manager. I don't think there's too many newspapers that would been keen on having their journalists barred from press conferences. And if we started doing that, I am sure the others would take note and have a little think first about what they wanted to say and print.

Who knows, maybe it wouldn't help. But what we are doing at the moment is not working and we must try a new approach.

These f***ers hunt in packs, a wound to one is a wound to all. Pep being sniffy to a BBC hack was denounced by Talksport and the Guardian as if it had been one of their own, because it was.

Here's my press report for Pep and his team.

Pride in Battle as Pep attacks all in his way

" Less than 48 hours after a close and physically demanding encounter at Anfield Guardiola wisely managed Silva and the returning Aguero by starting them on the bench against Burnley.
Their successful second half substitutions clearly vindicated his planning for the game the winning outcome of which was all the more impressive playing with 10 men for an hour. Guardiola together with other established PL managers is,with justification, bemused with the inconsistent and error strewn PL officiating. Having seen the unpunished Rojo tackle against Crystal Palace Guardiola and other fair minded followers of the game can only question seeing Fernandinho given a red card when the vast majority of such tackles are given yellow at most. Guardiola's self accepted learning curve was added to when, not for the first time this season, no foul was awarded on his goalkeeper. With some justification Guardiola raises an issue of different refereeing interpretations in the PL compared to his experience in other European leagues and the CL. Journalists may wish to pursue this.
All of the post match coverage of journalists questioning responses by the manager served to deflect from a courageous victory for Manchester City. Against the odds the team were resolute and disciplined as they strived to ovecome a Burnley side buoyed by a 4-1 victory in their previous game. Burnley are a well-organised, physical side who work hard and make good use of the talent in their ranks. It is rare that a 10 man team play for such a length of time and have their bravery and commitment rewarded with victory. Perhaps the greatest bravery was shown by the manager who chose not to defend and hope but to retain the potency of counter attacking football with the likes of Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling and Aguero. This performance clearly goes into the category of "Pride in Battle" which Guardiola will surely have more than a hand in replicating as he continues his assimilation of football in the Premier League".

nice piece that^^^^

I wasn t expecting much from MOTD last night with Keown and Kilbane, I find Martin is a good guy but recently tends to be harsh on us whereas a few years back I had him marked as a good and fair pundit. Kevin doesn t like us and I can never recall a positive word form him on us. The interview was expected from Pep......I love the guy more because of it and I was proud of him and the team in a hard fought result yesterday.

These f***ers hunt in packs, a wound to one is a wound to all. Pep being sniffy to a BBC hack was denounced by Talksport and the Guardian as if it had been one of their own, because it was.

So what? If we start selectively banning journalists from press conferences, a banned journalist stays banned irrespective of what the other cronies want to do. We wouldn't need to be vindictive about it, just a change of tone on our part: Access to our press conferences is a privilege and not a right, and that privilege is granted to those - and ONLY to those - who report fairly and honestly. Any muck slinging and you're no longer invited.

I don't see the problem with this at all, and as I say, it could hardly be worse than the status quo, could it.

If you have the neighbours round for a few drinks and one of them constantly tries it on with your Mrs, throws up on your carpet and slags you off to the other neighbours afterwards, you don't invite them again do you. Yet we seem to just carry on as if nothing's happened: come on in, help yourselves lads.

Press conference are broadcast, aren't they? banning people makes no difference apart from preventing an individual asking his poisonous questions.

What the club need to do is challenge the lies and disinformation rather than try to muzzle the press. They may be dicks, but the media ought not to be vetted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.