The Middle Thread

I'm in the middle too, I want to keep bob as I can see a slight improvement on the dross he's served up so far, that said I wouldn't lose any sleep should he be replaced except yet again we'd have no stability. That can't be healthy.
As long as my city win something I don't care who is in charge.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
scenecreamer said:
sounds good fellas, I have nothing but faith in Mancini and see two wins in our immediate future

Nice to see your English is coming along nicely Roberto :)

Clever, I almost didn't catch what you did there, as my name ironically enough IS Robert. ;)

btw, MAN CINI - MAN CITY... surely that couldn't be just a coincidence..... :P

Far too many knee jerkers on other topics.

Let's keep this one for the steady eddies.

That doesn't mean we can't debate or have to be happy clappy just a bit more balanced/realistic maybe.

We all love city and invest a lot of emotional energy and sometimes (well a lot of the time) we say things in the heat of the moment that is later regretted. A self imposed ban on posting for 24 hours after a defeat may be a sensible idea for some of us.

We are 4th. If all the teams continue to perform at the same level we will finish 4th and objective achieved. I know some teams will improve results, but haven't we got as good a chance if not a better one to improve them more than the rest?

Skibum said:

We are 4th. If all the teams continue to perform at the same level we will finish 4th and objective achieved. I know some teams will improve results, but haven't we got as good a chance if not a better one to improve them more than the rest?

but there is also a chance, honestly, of the team taking
@ half a dozen more games to pull it together, isn't there...
should that happen, I still wouldn't see any need to talk about dropping Mancini----- lots of games left to play. That said, if he's still tinkering with the mid-field and back four after January I think we could start dropping down the table somewhere between 6th and 10th :(

regardless of where we finish, in my house we stay in support of the team and the manager; win or lose.

I thought Mancini had a nightmare on saturday. He got his team selection wrong, his decision to play Balotelli for 90 mins was a major blunder and his substitutions bordered on the bizarre.

That said, I think he's generally doing a good job and I'm happy with the general direction that the team is going. I certainly wouldnt like to see a change in manager.

The problem with Bluemoon is that any debate about the manager immediately polarises into "in" or "out" extremes. It was the same with Hughes. It seems impossible to have a sensible debate about managerial decisions without this extreme backdrop. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

scenecreamer said:
Skibum said:

but there is also a chance, honestly, of the team taking
@ half a dozen more games to pull it together, isn't there...
should that happen, I still wouldn't see any need to talk about dropping Mancini----- lots of games left to play. That said, if he's still tinkering with the mid-field and back four after January I think we could start dropping down the table somewhere between 6th and 10th :(

regardless of where we finish, in my house we stay in support of the team and the manager; win or lose.

Personally I don't think we'll get a settled team for another 10 games which as you say may effect results to a degree. Although I would say that the quality of player we have compared to the majority will still get results. Let's be fair we have played well only in 3 games maybe and we are still 4th. We have won games on more than 1 occasion playing poorly purely because we have some very special players (Johnson Tevez and Silva).

That said we have to improve. All we can do is cross fingers and support the team And the manager.

scenecreamer said:
sounds good fellas, I have nothing but faith in Mancini and see two wins in our immediate future
This looks like the place for me,hopefully reasoned discussion without the need to commit suicide after each game!I realise this may seem incomprehensible to some blues but it becomes necersary just to step back and look at the bigger picture on occassions. We have signed good players maybe not great but they will grow into city legends as long as WE keep the faith and give continued support to the manager and players alike. Time to forget the press,pundits etc they have their agenda and want see us fail,it will not happen! onward & upwards fellow blues.
City for the past 30 years & the next 30 if I live that long :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.