The Middle Thread

danburge82 said:
Well this is the thread for me then!

I'm really happy about some things, really disappointed in some things and undecided in others. Overall my feelings about City are positive, but I'm not overly excited about this seasons prospects because I think we are too early in our development and lacking in a few areas to become a real threat!

Things I'm happy about:
Obviously the Sheikh, the money, the potential, the absence of fear of being relagated, that we have plans to develop SportCity (whenever they finally come out!)
Joe Hart, Micah Richards (beleive it or not), Kompany, Zabaleta, de Jong, Silva, Tevez - all BRILLIANT!

Things I'm not happy about:
Yaya Toure - I'm really disappointed!
Injuries.
No pace in the squad at all.
We're a bit boring to watch - slow tempo, very few chances created and scored, give the ball away cheaply so the games we play are scrappy, some don't work hard enough!
Shit atmosphere home and away.
Stadium looks shit from the outside.

Things I'm undecided on:
Boateng being a full back - he just looks like a centre back playing out of position to me.
Adam Johnson, yes he does some good things, but he also wastes a lot and chooses the wrong options a lot and he doesn't help the full back out defensively. and it's not like he's 18, he's 24, and if he was gonna be a top shit player he'd already be one by his age!
Mancini and the management team - I'm not against them or disappointed, I'm actually fully behind them - but they have a lot more convincing to do. But they need time to do it!

Things we need:
Pace, Pace, PACE! We have none now Bellamy and Petrov have gone and SWP never gets a game. I think it'll come to bite us at some point!
We need a City fan Mancunian who is as good as any name you can get anywhere, our own Gerrard-Liverpool, Giggs/Scholes-Rags, Raul/Hierro-Real, Maldini-Milan, Valdes/Puyol/Pique/Xavi/Iniesta/Pedro-Barca, you could even say Zanetti-Inter he's been there that long! Someone who when we're not playing well and losing at Places like Wolves, will not allow the game to just slip away and will play like a fan on the pitch! I think this is something we really need!

But overall there are very few things I'm not happy with. We just need to iron out a few things and lower our expectations for a few seasons. I'm not arsed what're papaers say because I've stopped reading them, ALL! I only get my info from MCFC, through fact when things have actually happened and by making my own mind up on things.
The future will be bright, the future will be blue, if we all have patience!

Good post, I only disagree about the Pace parts, and a bit on Yaya.

Someone else who sees AJ properly... blimey! Watch your back mate.

Yaya hasn't set the world alight, but for someone who is still bedding into the PL, he has performed well and a lot of the great things he does go unnoticed. Balotelli will also provide some pace, although pace is something which is overrated in the premier league in my opinion. I think the boring tactics will grow on you over time. ;)

340d1163707663-why-middle-aged-woman-why-middle-age-womenshouldntdrink.jpg

I’m In

But a word of advice, if you want to avoid kneejerk reactions, good or bad just avoid bluemoon for two days after a match, things calm down a bit by then.

Yes we played very bad against wolves, but we had probably our two most influential players (sorry Vince) in Teves and NDJ missing. I would like to see how other teams play with there best players missing. We have all seen the crap Slur Alex gets when he plays a weekend team and they play sh*t.

Kolo hasn’t been that good yet but the prem midfield is a hard place to get used to, he will come good. Balotelli was playing his first game for us in a team that was playing poorly; I will judge him after Xmas.

We are 4th in the prem with a team that is just developing and if we had won at Wolves we would be equal 2nd, the other teams around us are already settled with the majority of players being there for a few years.

Bobby Manc’s tactics and sub did not work at wolves, but they did work at Blackpool Newcastle and against Chelsea some people thought he was the second coming,

The glass is defiantly half full.

Sloppyjoshua said:
Welcome to the middle thread, this is a thread for all the fans who didn't think the loss against wolves was the end of the world.

The thread for people however who still felt hurt by the lose

The thread for people who don't over-react to the press and simply ignore them

The thread for supporters who think mancini is staying but was disappointed with some tactical decisions at wolves or in other games

The thread is for people who understand Balotelli has been out injured and is not 100% despite still looking like a potential class player

The thread for fans who may dislike a player but still supports the player because they understand that no player wants to play poorly

The thread for people who want success as fast as possible yet understand that rome wasn't built in a day

P.S sensible decision only...

Well said mate

CTID Chris said:
danburge82 said:
Well this is the thread for me then!

I'm really happy about some things, really disappointed in some things and undecided in others. Overall my feelings about City are positive, but I'm not overly excited about this seasons prospects because I think we are too early in our development and lacking in a few areas to become a real threat!

Things I'm happy about:
Obviously the Sheikh, the money, the potential, the absence of fear of being relagated, that we have plans to develop SportCity (whenever they finally come out!)
Joe Hart, Micah Richards (beleive it or not), Kompany, Zabaleta, de Jong, Silva, Tevez - all BRILLIANT!

Things I'm not happy about:
Yaya Toure - I'm really disappointed!
Injuries.
No pace in the squad at all.
We're a bit boring to watch - slow tempo, very few chances created and scored, give the ball away cheaply so the games we play are scrappy, some don't work hard enough!
Shit atmosphere home and away.
Stadium looks shit from the outside.

Things I'm undecided on:
Boateng being a full back - he just looks like a centre back playing out of position to me.
Adam Johnson, yes he does some good things, but he also wastes a lot and chooses the wrong options a lot and he doesn't help the full back out defensively. and it's not like he's 18, he's 24, and if he was gonna be a top shit player he'd already be one by his age!
Mancini and the management team - I'm not against them or disappointed, I'm actually fully behind them - but they have a lot more convincing to do. But they need time to do it!

Things we need:
Pace, Pace, PACE! We have none now Bellamy and Petrov have gone and SWP never gets a game. I think it'll come to bite us at some point!
We need a City fan Mancunian who is as good as any name you can get anywhere, our own Gerrard-Liverpool, Giggs/Scholes-Rags, Raul/Hierro-Real, Maldini-Milan, Valdes/Puyol/Pique/Xavi/Iniesta/Pedro-Barca, you could even say Zanetti-Inter he's been there that long! Someone who when we're not playing well and losing at Places like Wolves, will not allow the game to just slip away and will play like a fan on the pitch! I think this is something we really need!

But overall there are very few things I'm not happy with. We just need to iron out a few things and lower our expectations for a few seasons. I'm not arsed what're papaers say because I've stopped reading them, ALL! I only get my info from MCFC, through fact when things have actually happened and by making my own mind up on things.
The future will be bright, the future will be blue, if we all have patience!

Good post, I only disagree about the Pace parts, and a bit on Yaya.

Someone else who sees AJ properly... blimey! Watch your back mate.

Yaya hasn't set the world alight, but for someone who is still bedding into the PL, he has performed well and a lot of the great things he does go unnoticed. Balotelli will also provide some pace, although pace is something which is overrated in the premier league in my opinion. I think the boring tactics will grow on you over time. ;)

Possibly, I do think we will be more positive as we gel and bond and form a proper heirarchy and continuous wins over time breeds confidence and we'll be really decent! But that might be in two years, but I'm happy to wait!

As for Yaya, he has eddy opportunity in the world to show Barca what they lost and become a decent player for City. I'm right behind him! But just expeced a lot more, but again that will probably come in time!

And pace, well I think Bale just excited me last night and I miss Bellamy!

i'm in the i was really disappointed when we sacked the last manager 6th game in hand and semi final against united to look forward to and really enjoyed the open football but he's gone shit happens, and i'd be miffed if we sacked another 1 mid season while were 4th in league and doing alright in europe camp. Alright if i come in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.