The Middle Thread

Do you mean this is the thread where we might actually be able to think that Tevez has taken a reasonable and rare opportunity to go home and that he will be back, and that he isn't leaving after all? Or, do we have to fall in with the suspicions of the blue moan thought police who probably won't be satisfied until he's gone.
Can I take it that everyone on here is more than happy at the absence of a vote of confidence by the board this week, after 2 defeats where we have been markedly under strength, and we remain in 4th place?
I assume that's a yes.
Can we also dare to post ''FFS'' ? No? Ok - I appreciate there's a limit, but count me in.

ahh heaven is a place on Bluemoon !

I hate it everytime City get beat it makes me ill for days.
The press and other fans will jump on everything. I hate it but I care less about them and just laugh because they know so little about what is going on at this club.

We will prosper. Mancini is still learning the EPL. He's already got better in my opinion.
He jsut needs to let his barriers down a little sometimes and think "you know what, lets save/win this game by going all out attack".

It actually works alot of the time! We've got the firepawer and cover for players to express themselves especially as we can have a holding two happy doing what they are paid to do.

Top thread! We're all disappointed of course but talk of 'tipping points' and 'crises' is just ridiculous.

I'm in, but can someone please help me to understand why when we win it is all due to the brilliance of the players, but when we lose it is due to the incompetence and poor tactics of the manager / coach?

We have a very strong squad and in my view, just about any reasonable combination should be able to beat most teams.

In Rugby, Barbarians teams are assembled from various International teams, and most of the players have never played together, and do not speak the same language, yet they often beat top quality International teams that have played together and "gelled" - even world champions.

Well this is the thread for me then!

I'm really happy about some things, really disappointed in some things and undecided in others. Overall my feelings about City are positive, but I'm not overly excited about this seasons prospects because I think we are too early in our development and lacking in a few areas to become a real threat!

Things I'm happy about:
Obviously the Sheikh, the money, the potential, the absence of fear of being relagated, that we have plans to develop SportCity (whenever they finally come out!)
Joe Hart, Micah Richards (beleive it or not), Kompany, Zabaleta, de Jong, Silva, Tevez - all BRILLIANT!

Things I'm not happy about:
Yaya Toure - I'm really disappointed!
Injuries.
No pace in the squad at all.
We're a bit boring to watch - slow tempo, very few chances created and scored, give the ball away cheaply so the games we play are scrappy, some don't work hard enough!
Shit atmosphere home and away.
Stadium looks shit from the outside.

Things I'm undecided on:
Boateng being a full back - he just looks like a centre back playing out of position to me.
Adam Johnson, yes he does some good things, but he also wastes a lot and chooses the wrong options a lot and he doesn't help the full back out defensively. and it's not like he's 18, he's 24, and if he was gonna be a top shit player he'd already be one by his age!
Mancini and the management team - I'm not against them or disappointed, I'm actually fully behind them - but they have a lot more convincing to do. But they need time to do it!

Things we need:
Pace, Pace, PACE! We have none now Bellamy and Petrov have gone and SWP never gets a game. I think it'll come to bite us at some point!
We need a City fan Mancunian who is as good as any name you can get anywhere, our own Gerrard-Liverpool, Giggs/Scholes-Rags, Raul/Hierro-Real, Maldini-Milan, Valdes/Puyol/Pique/Xavi/Iniesta/Pedro-Barca, you could even say Zanetti-Inter he's been there that long! Someone who when we're not playing well and losing at Places like Wolves, will not allow the game to just slip away and will play like a fan on the pitch! I think this is something we really need!

But overall there are very few things I'm not happy with. We just need to iron out a few things and lower our expectations for a few seasons. I'm not arsed what're papaers say because I've stopped reading them, ALL! I only get my info from MCFC, through fact when things have actually happened and by making my own mind up on things.
The future will be bright, the future will be blue, if we all have patience!

cibaman said:
I thought Mancini had a nightmare on saturday. He got his team selection wrong, his decision to play Balotelli for 90 mins was a major blunder and his substitutions bordered on the bizarre.

That said, I think he's generally doing a good job and I'm happy with the general direction that the team is going. I certainly wouldnt like to see a change in manager.

The problem with Bluemoon is that any debate about the manager immediately polarises into "in" or "out" extremes. It was the same with Hughes. It seems impossible to have a sensible debate about managerial decisions without this extreme backdrop. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

Blimey sense in the middle of all this sensibleness!!!!!

nimrod said:
Im in the "Ive never been kneejerk but I want a change of manager as I hate the way Mancini has us playing' camp
Is this the place for me or is there another, more appropriate thread ?

I too am not keen on the way we play under him, and no, thats not a knee jerk reaction based on the Wolves game, its from what I've seen on a big number of games we've played under him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.