The Middle Thread

danburge82 said:
Adam Johnson, yes he does some good things, but he also wastes a lot and chooses the wrong options a lot and he doesn't help the full back out defensively. and it's not like he's 18, he's 24, and if he was gonna be a top shit player he'd already be one by his age!

Pace, Pace, PACE! We have none now Bellamy and Petrov have gone and SWP never gets a game. I think it'll come to bite us at some point!
We need a City fan Mancunian who is as good as any name you can get anywhere,..... Someone who when we're not playing well and losing at Places like Wolves, will not allow the game to just slip away and will play like a fan on the pitch! I think this is something we really need!

The future will be bright, the future will be blue, if we all have patience!

great post, agree with everything except maybe the bit you said about pace... remember Tevez/Silva in the first couple minutes against Arsenal, that pace was insane and in my opinion sets up a manic energy that hurt us against Arsenals patient passing...... I guess I'm saying pace has it's place. I 'd prefer intelligent passing balanced with breakneck pace. I like Bale, can't help it... jesus he doesn't lose a step after 90 minutes of play! Turns it on only when it's tactically beneficial... brilliant

and a couple of hard man thug types would be nice... Silva works magic but I bet you could knock him over with a fart.

For a minute I thought it was just me in this particular clique. Good to know there are plenty of sane blues out there.

I was as disappointed with the Wolves defeat as any other Blue was - but it's all learning. These are the Matches where we need to grind ugly 1-0 wins out. Talk to me after a run of 10 Matches with only 12 points earned.

Poznan won't be a walk in the park tonight and our recent form at West Brom is poor. They're a good side this season so it'll be even tougher than usual.

City!

I'm in, but is it ok if i still feel very optimistic for the future? whether the trophies come this year or in the next 3 years, whenever'll do me.

Sterling Silva said:
I'm in, but is it ok if i still feel very optimistic for the future? whether the trophies come this year or in the next 3 years, whenever'll do me.

I'm also optimistic, but not necessarily for this season. I'm realistic about the fact we could finish outside the top four again this season, are we really any better than any of last seasons top 4? Forget how much money we've spent, player for player, are we any better? (Terry, Vidic, Vermaalen, Dawson, Kompany; ACole, Evra, Cliche, Essou-Ekoto, Kolorov; Essien, Fetcher, Song, Huddleston, de Jong; Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, Modric, Silva; Malouda, Nani, Walcott, Bale, AJohnson; Drogba, Rooney, van Persie, Defoe, Tevez - Pretty much all great players, all game winners or savers, all very similar for me. I'd say Chelsea have that power about them that helps them beat the likes of Stoke and Wolves, but other than that you could toss a coin on who will finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th). And if we do finish 5th it won't deter me!

I keep saying 2013 is when we should be judged, everything up to that point is a development! Many may say "we don't have that long to wait, we need Champions Lg NOW" but it just doesn't work like that, there isn't going to be a parting in the waves just because we have spent a load of money. It's still just 11 v 11 every week and it's not like wee signed CRonaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o or anyone like Zidane, Maradonna or Cruyff; we've got young (Silva, Milner, Boateng, Balotelli) and not exactly first rate (Adebayor, Kolo, AJohnson) lads. I don't expect us to be the real deal for a few years because we won't just automatically hit form and brush aside all around us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.