The Mirror

HMM, article by steve Bates.

This fucking shitbag seems very pro utd and anti city if you check his article history.

Many nice cosy ones about utd, no negative, where as he also has this gem about us...

"Not bothered: City chief admits top clubs don't care about producing English talent"

That was the heading for an article where Marwood simply stated we accept players from all over the world and want the best no matter where they are from.

But no, we actively don't care to promote young home grown players.
In the article he mentions us specifically, not just "top clubs" the petty arsehole.

This chap is no reporter, he is just playing at it.

The rag tops must have had to scrub a lot of 'City in turmoil' stories tonight following the win. However, they have something to fall back on. From The Mail....
Mancini and the boys from Barcelona at loggerheads over the way forward
By JOE BERNSTEIN

Tension is already growing between Roberto Mancini and Manchester City's new executives from Barcelona over their vision for the club.
Chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain, who held similar posts at the Nou Camp before moving to England this season, have prioritised building up City's academy to try to emulate Barcelona's famous La Masia.

It was there that Lionel Messi was recruited as a 13-year-old and developed into the best player in the world.

But Mancini is fuming because he feels the benefits will not be seen during his five-year contract. He believes signing players in their early teens is a wasted investment because the quality of City's junior coaching is inferior to that of Barcelona.
He fears the financial outlay on the academy will stop him signing up Europe's best teenagers who he can push into the first team within two seasons.

The difference in strategy is causing friction, with Mancini aware Begiristain wants all City teams eventually to play the tiki-taka style favoured by Barcelona. Mancini prefers to play a 4-2-3-1 and is sticking to his guns.
City's financial results last week showed a annual loss of £97million and, while that is a big improvement on the previous year, the club know they have to fit in with UEFA financial fairplay regulations.
The stand-off is unlikely to lead to a major bust-up in January and Mancini respects Begiristain's ability to recruit firstteam players more highly than his predecessor, Brian Marwood, who oversaw the signings of Javi Garcia, Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell in the last window.

But their relationship is a ticking timebomb, with Mancini believing the £37m contract he signed in the summer would lead to greater control.
However, the Abu Dhabi owners have not brought in Soriano and Begiristain to be dictated to by the manager.
As a sop to Mancini, he is likely to get the topclass midfielder he has asked for in the new year.
Italy's Daniele de Rossi and Corinthians' Paulinho, in action today against Chelsea in the Club World Cup final, are under consideration, with Yaya Toure missing much of January playing for Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Other buys will have to be self-financed by sales of squad players such as Joleon Lescott, Sinclair or Edin Dzeko.
Mancini has made it clear he is unhappy with some of Begiristain's plans and has shown less interest in City's elite development squad, who are bottom of their Barclays Under-21 Premier League group.

It is all designed to sell papers. They have picked up on Aguero's lack of form and are putting 2+2 and getting 12. What also hasn't helped is Real unsettling Sergio before the first game in the Champions League.

Stortz said:
He looked pretty happy to me today when ya ya slotted in the 3rd.

Ah, but a source close to Aguero told me that he is a good actor and he calls that the 'pretend to look happy so I can keep playing' face. It has also been reported that he just wears a mask and we've never seen his real face.

Yes it's a free-for-all tonight/in tomorrow's papers, another City win where they attempt to overshadow it with negative stories, some of which are blatantly fabricated (Aguero wants to leave), some of which would not be written about if other clubs did it (Daily Mail talking about a "day of shame" and our smoke bomb when Villa did the same thing mid-week and it got no press), some of which may be true (Balotelli/that Mancini vs. Txiki ideology conflict). How can anyone say there is no media bias with a straight face anymore? It's right there in front of your eyes.

I began typing a response, and you know what? I just can't be arsed. In fact I've re-read the articles and I'm just sat here laughing.

Steve Bates. What a fucking whopper!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.