The MMA Thread

pips said:
Stevie B i did read your posts but even so without all the cry-offs its about time they started putting together the big stars or is it a case of theres not
enough decent match ups & the powers that be can sell out the shows come what may.

hmm see it depends on who we think are the big stars?

To me Tito is a legend in the sport of MMA, and Rashad was a winner of TUF if my memory serves me?

Griffin, Bisping, Chuck Liddell, Rampage... he's beat them all.

Alone i'd pay just to watch these two go for it, nevermind the undercard.

Stevie B said:
pips said:
Stevie B i did read your posts but even so without all the cry-offs its about time they started putting together the big stars or is it a case of theres not
enough decent match ups & the powers that be can sell out the shows come what may.

hmm see it depends on who we think are the big stars?

To me Tito is a legend in the sport of MMA, and Rashad was a winner of TUF if my memory serves me?

Griffin, Bisping, Chuck Liddell, Rampage... he's beat them all.

Alone i'd pay just to watch these two go for it, nevermind the undercard.
Im talking about the top fighters now not the has-beens like Tito after all theres no bigger ufc legend than liddell but he wouldnt headline a show anymore cos hes well passed it & in his last few fights found himself spending more time on his arse than his feet thats what im getting at .

Whats your MMA record then Pips?

Tito is an has-been? He's just come off a win over Ryan Bader who is what, 28yrs old?
Sure he lost 3 fights before that and tbh I had him as retired and never to be seen again but the bad boy has proved me wrong.

Rash evans isn't an has-been either.

Look I can see what your getting at, sure there's a big talent pool out there of fighters that have been marketed alot more to people like you but to diminish Ortiz and Rashad Evans is uneducated on your part.

The talent on the undercard is decent as well, shit I've trained in MMA for years and I've never even had a professional fight - nevermind get on a UFC card.

Hey don't watch it bud, just disrespecting fighters in that way is unfair.
Sure call them assholes or something if you don't like their personalities but to write off their careers/skills is a little below the belt.

Stevie B said:
Whats your MMA record then Pips?

Tito is an has-been? He's just come off a win over Ryan Bader who is what, 28yrs old?
Sure he lost 3 fights before that and tbh I had him as retired and never to be seen again but the bad boy has proved me wrong.

Rash evans isn't an has-been either.

Look I can see what your getting at, sure there's a big talent pool out there of fighters that have been marketed alot more to people like you but to diminish Ortiz and Rashad Evans is uneducated on your part.

The talent on the undercard is decent as well, shit I've trained in MMA for years and I've never even had a professional fight - nevermind get on a UFC card.
Don't have any record in mma just watched it progress over the years so like to think I know a bit about the sport . Sure Evans is a good fighter but Tito well his best days are well and truly behind him yes he beat an average fighter in bader but that doesn't mean he's still at the top of his game . I just can't see Tito giving Evans much of a scrap but we will see in the early hours of Sunday morning .
Hey don't watch it bud, just disrespecting fighters in that way is unfair.
Sure call them assholes or something if you don't like their personalities but to write off their careers/skills is a little below the belt.

Fair enough....

if every card had the best fighters on it then we would never get to experience the up and coming fighters with poor records would we?

The best experience of MMA for me has been watching the young kids, amateur up and coming fighters fighting against the more experienced all accomplished superstars.... and beating them.

Underdog vs. the champ.... what fighting is all about :)

I've been a bit bored of the UFC fights lately... It's just been by chance a few big fights have been rearranged but no real big even fights lately

Having said all that about fighters being past it im still looking forward to tonight because mma is a great sport & respect to all the fighters wether they are in the paid ranks or just do it as a hobby . One thing for sure you wouldnt get me into the octagon not for any amount of money ha ha .

sexyama.jpg

Fave fighter atm. guy is a LEGEND

Is Ken Shamrock still alive and fighting?

Remember him from WWF days in the late 90s, absolute ledge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.