the money stick we get beaten by

It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is a direct correlation between money spent on a squad and league position.

City has spent the most, has the strongest squad and because of that is deservedly hot favourites to lift the title in May.

City can also afford to pay the best wages which means that all things being equal, it can better attract the best players.

These are all facts. You can't have it both ways - you have to accept that you could not achieve your success without having splashed the cash on the best players available. If UEFA thinks that's fine and you comply with the FFP rules, then so what? Enjoy your success. Before the Abu Dhabi money, you were more often than not, a yo yo team unable to match the big clubs for honours. So, rather than bleat that other fans are being horrid to you because of your Arab sugar daddy, accept that with money and success comes the rightful accusation it was money bought. After all, that's just stating the bleedin' obvious.

As to the match yesterday, I was in the away end in the south stand. We lost, you were the better team and although it pains me to say it, the title is yours to lose. Our lack of squad depth was highlighted yesterday by the result which showed we lack your ability to rotate key players. I thought we looked very leggy in the last 20 minutes. Your strong squad will prove pivotal over a season. As much as I'd hope to strengthen in January, I suspect we won't.

Piegilles said:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is a direct correlation between money spent on a squad and league position.

City has spent the most, has the strongest squad and because of that is deservedly hot favourites to lift the title in May.

City can also afford to pay the best wages which means that all things being equal, it can better attract the best players.

These are all facts. You can't have it both ways - you have to accept that you could not achieve your success without having splashed the cash on the best players available. If UEFA thinks that's fine and you comply with the FFP rules, then so what? Enjoy your success. Before the Abu Dhabi money, you were more often than not, a yo yo team unable to match the big clubs for honours. So, rather than bleat that other fans are being horrid to you because of your Arab sugar daddy, accept that with money and success comes the rightful accusation it was money bought. After all, that's just stating the bleedin' obvious.

As to the match yesterday, I was in the away end in the south stand. We lost, you were the better team and although it pains me to say it, the title is yours to lose. Our lack of squad depth was highlighted yesterday by the result which showed we lack your ability to rotate key players. I thought we looked very leggy in the last 20 minutes. Your strong squad will prove pivotal over a season. As much as I'd hope to strengthen in January, I suspect we won't.
I think you will find we were a"yo yo" club in the 90s, before that we were quite successfull, even winning a european cup before you.

Piegilles said:

I don't understand you have billionaire owners and the most expensive tickets in Europe yet somehow all you lot do is go on about money. You need to ask serious questions what the fcuk is going on in your club.

But but but...we do it the right way, the organic way.

garymj said:
Piegilles said:

I think you will find we were a"yo yo" club in the 90s, before that we were quite successfull, even winning a european cup before you.

Pointless hair splitting

Sugar Daddy? hmmmmmmmmm another Arsenal snide dig

I love jealous spouting's from divvy opposition fans who wish they were in our position.

city saint said:
the amount of crap being spouted about us buying the league is getting ridiculous,the fact is that everyone buys a team unless you bring them all through the academy like the Trafford red sox.the amount of money spent line is irrelevant as if you bring in players from other teams to improve your team your spending money trying to get better,i bet if you went through every teams squads there will be very few that havnt been bought.

i wish we had an owner like arsenal have, i could look forward to the dearest season ticket prices to keep the unwashed masses at bay and wouldnt have to worry about the tedium of winning silverware (so working class)

Shirley said:
Piegilles said:

I don't understand you have billionaire owners and the most expensive tickets in Europe yet somehow all you lot do is go on about money. You need to ask serious questions what the fcuk is going on in your club.

The difference is that our billionaire owner doesn't put his money into the club. Even if he did, he'd be a relative pauper compared to Sheik Mansour.

We can't afford to pay players £200k a week. We have had to finance a new stadium. Who paid for yours? Our net spending on players over the past 8 years has been minimal. You get hit by the big money stick? Diddums. We don't have your cash and we get hit by the no trophies won stick. So what. Support your team and move on.

Arsenal fans need to have a look at the history books before going on about sugar daddies.

r.soleofsalford said:
city saint said:
the amount of crap being spouted about us buying the league is getting ridiculous,the fact is that everyone buys a team unless you bring them all through the academy like the Trafford red sox.the amount of money spent line is irrelevant as if you bring in players from other teams to improve your team your spending money trying to get better,i bet if you went through every teams squads there will be very few that havnt been bought.

i wish we had an owner like arsenal have, i could look forward to the dearest season ticket prices to keep the unwashed masses at bay and wouldnt have to worry about the tedium of winning silverware (so working class)

I coughed up £58 yesterday for my seat in the South Stand Entrance L, block 124. That is hardly a big difference to the prices we charge.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
unexpected item said:
Arsenal fans need to have a look at the history books before going on about sugar daddies.

And which 'sugar daddy' are you referring to?

Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
Piegilles said:

The difference is that our billionaire owner doesn't put his money into the club. Even if he did, he'd be a relative pauper compared to Sheik Mansour.

We can't afford to pay players £200k a week. We have had to finance a new stadium. Who paid for yours? Our net spending on players over the past 8 years has been minimal. You get hit by the big money stick? Diddums. We don't have your cash and we get hit by the no trophies won stick. So what. Support your team and move on.

Fknel how many times have I seen this repeated again and again, are you lot issued this officially from the club.
So you have a billionaire owner who takes money out of the FOOTBALL club just like the Glazers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.