the money stick we get beaten by

Piegilles said:
mancityvstoke said:
Piegilles said:
I coughed up £58 yesterday for my seat in the South Stand Entrance L, block 124. That is hardly a big difference to the prices we charge.

Thanks for the cash Mr Jealous.............we'll add it to the kitty.

Our sugar daddy is very grateful.............

Good seat, though. I was on the upper level. Stewards were good, too. Well organised. Leaving the result aside, definitely one of the better away venues. Only gripe is after a match, you should have much more metro link trams lined up to take fans back to Manchester. Very poor having to queue up for so long. Surely metro link can sort this out?!

whereas at Arsenal the tube is like lightening

Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
Piegilles said:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is a direct correlation between money spent on a squad and league position.

City has spent the most, has the strongest squad and because of that is deservedly hot favourites to lift the title in May.

City can also afford to pay the best wages which means that all things being equal, it can better attract the best players.

These are all facts. You can't have it both ways - you have to accept that you could not achieve your success without having splashed the cash on the best players available. If UEFA thinks that's fine and you comply with the FFP rules, then so what? Enjoy your success. Before the Abu Dhabi money, you were more often than not, a yo yo team unable to match the big clubs for honours. So, rather than bleat that other fans are being horrid to you because of your Arab sugar daddy, accept that with money and success comes the rightful accusation it was money bought. After all, that's just stating the bleedin' obvious.

As to the match yesterday, I was in the away end in the south stand. We lost, you were the better team and although it pains me to say it, the title is yours to lose. Our lack of squad depth was highlighted yesterday by the result which showed we lack your ability to rotate key players. I thought we looked very leggy in the last 20 minutes. Your strong squad will prove pivotal over a season. As much as I'd hope to strengthen in January, I suspect we won't.

I don't understand you have billionaire owners and the most expensive tickets in Europe yet somehow all you lot do is go on about money. You need to ask serious questions what the fcuk is going on in your club.

But but but...we do it the right way, the organic way.

The difference is that our billionaire owner doesn't put his money into the club. Even if he did, he'd be a relative pauper compared to Sheik Mansour.

We can't afford to pay players £200k a week. We have had to finance a new stadium. Who paid for yours? Our net spending on players over the past 8 years has been minimal. You get hit by the big money stick? Diddums. We don't have your cash and we get hit by the no trophies won stick. So what. Support your team and move on.

Before we tell, you, and we will, why don't you tell us who you think paid for our stadium?

I am specifically calling you out on this because many Arsenal fans think that City has been given a new stadium at taxpayer's expense which is simply not true.

So tell me, who do YOU think paid for our stadium?

Chris in London said:
Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
I don't understand you have billionaire owners and the most expensive tickets in Europe yet somehow all you lot do is go on about money. You need to ask serious questions what the fcuk is going on in your club.

The difference is that our billionaire owner doesn't put his money into the club. Even if he did, he'd be a relative pauper compared to Sheik Mansour.

We can't afford to pay players £200k a week. We have had to finance a new stadium. Who paid for yours? Our net spending on players over the past 8 years has been minimal. You get hit by the big money stick? Diddums. We don't have your cash and we get hit by the no trophies won stick. So what. Support your team and move on.

Before we tell, you, and we will, why don't you tell us who you think paid for our stadium?

I am specifically calling you out on this because many Arsenal fans think that City has been given a new stadium at taxpayer's expense which is simply not true.

Actually, my question was a sincere one. I genuinely don't know how your stadium was paid for. Pray tell.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm --<br /><br />
mancityvstoke said:
Piegilles said:
mancityvstoke said:
Thanks for the cash Mr Jealous.............we'll add it to the kitty.

Our sugar daddy is very grateful.............

Good seat, though. I was on the upper level. Stewards were good, too. Well organised. Leaving the result aside, definitely one of the better away venues. Only gripe is after a match, you should have much more metro link trams lined up to take fans back to Manchester. Very poor having to queue up for so long. Surely metro link can sort this out?!

It is compared to metro link.

Piegilles said:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is a direct correlation between money spent on a squad and league position.

City has spent the most, has the strongest squad and because of that is deservedly hot favourites to lift the title in May.

City can also afford to pay the best wages which means that all things being equal, it can better attract the best players.

These are all facts. You can't have it both ways - you have to accept that you could not achieve your success without having splashed the cash on the best players available. If UEFA thinks that's fine and you comply with the FFP rules, then so what? Enjoy your success. Before the Abu Dhabi money, you were more often than not, a yo yo team unable to match the big clubs for honours. So, rather than bleat that other fans are being horrid to you because of your Arab sugar daddy, accept that with money and success comes the rightful accusation it was money bought. After all, that's just stating the bleedin' obvious.

As to the match yesterday, I was in the away end in the south stand. We lost, you were the better team and although it pains me to say it, the title is yours to lose. Our lack of squad depth was highlighted yesterday by the result which showed we lack your ability to rotate key players. I thought we looked very leggy in the last 20 minutes. Your strong squad will prove pivotal over a season. As much as I'd hope to strengthen in January, I suspect we won't.

No players shoud ever be leggy. They are athletes ffs, not pub footballers. This is all they do and prepare rigorously for each game. An extra 24 hours is a pretty feeble excuse really. Just because Arsene says it is, doesn't mean its true. We just wanted more and more and were relentless. I think Arsenal just gave up but not one player on that pitch was leggy. If so, Arsene should sack the fitness coaches

I thought it was common knowledge that it's only city that play wages and transfer fees. For arsenal, united, Liverpool et al they only play for the badge.

Not one of those clubs have ever had a wealthy owner to back them and invest in the team.

They can all get to fuck especially the recent "away" fans on here the condescending bunch of pricks.

Piegilles said:
Chris in London said:
Piegilles said:

Actually, my question was a sincere one. I genuinely don't know how your stadium was paid for. Pray tell.

-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm --

mancityvstoke said:
Piegilles said:

Walk it then ...............it's the first year so give it time.

You say your ownership question was genuine...I say it is you on a wind up .......troll off

Funny that when I went to the Emirates last year I had to queue for forty minutes outside the tube station just to get inside, and got split up from my wife and son

Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
Piegilles said:

DANNY FUCKING FISZMAN YOU HYPOCRITICAL TWAT.

Here's a direct quote from Tony Adams, your former captain:
"I think that a significant factor, 90 per cent, in why we achieved so much is that Danny Fiszman invested £50m in the club and we were able to go to the next level....I got my first decent contract at the club, so did David Seaman, we were able to bring in Dennis Bergkamp – and that was before Arsène arrived – David Platt, Patrick Vieira, Nicolas Anelka, and were able to pay them – top players from around the world."

Now go fuck off with the rest of the Arsenholes

mancityvstoke said:
Piegilles said:
Chris in London said:

Actually, my question was a sincere one. I genuinely don't know how your stadium was paid for. Pray tell.

-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm --

mancityvstoke said:

Walk it then ...............it's the first year so give it time.

I'd have thought justified criticism of metro link would be non controversial and likely provoke similar sentiments from equally frustrated City fans but it seems to me that at least insofar as you are concerned you feel the need to support it despite its obvious inadequacy - I don't seem why it's a badge of honour for City fans to support metro link just because a Gooner decides to criticise it. I'll write to Metro Link suggesting they seek some operational advice on running a public transport system from their big brother TFL.

Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
Piegilles said:

schoolboy error.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.