The most boring or random meeting of a City player

City Raider said:
Mike Summerbee in the car park one day. Buzzer knew someone I was with and came over. Then spent the next 5 minutes laying into City fans for the endless grief we were giving Nicky. Called us all sorts.

Mike Summerbee also. It was around 1985. I was driving down a one-way street in Manchester, and he was coming in the opposite direction (illegally). He gave me the v-sign, which made me wonder initially if I was in the wrong. Top class bloke!

i met jef whitley at oxford services on the m40 after qpr away we were getting petrol and so was he. now thats prety boring

I met Gerard Weikens outside the Arkley away at the dippers last season. As I was leaving the pub I heard the lads singing the Wiekens Wonderland song!, But you know how this happens away, so thought nothing of it, then out pops Gerard, I asked for a photo he duly provided top man!

Tommy Wright in a pub the evening after a game against Oldham, I think. My Dad asked him why his kicking was so crap.
Franny Lee when he was chairman on the way home from Oxford away in Division 1 (0-0, not 4-1). Stopped at the services and saw his F LEE 1 registration, he was whinging about the abuse the City fans were giving him and Clarke.

met frank clark in the chinese in poynton, he said we were "going to be great this season and city's future was safe in his hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Met a few over the years but my fav was probably being told to fuck off by Alan Kernaghan for almost running him over... wish i hadnt emergency stopped at the time, then he scored from the half way line a game later, i thought it was a good job i stopped, funny i only had that feeling the once...

Was in HMV at West one in Eccles and I saw David White browsing the 'art house' section of DVDs, wink, wink. I was going to get him to sign of a copy of Spank Me Hard 4, but thought better of it.

Kinky in the Kingfisher (Poynton) about a week before hesmashed up his Ferrari, he was with Whitley. Shook his hand , seemed nice enough.

Lake in Hazel Grove Swimming baths. I was with my little girl , he was with his lad.

Saw Hughes watching jounior Sunday league Football at Bollington Leisure Centre, he had just got the Blackburn job.

Huckerby in Baby Gap at the Trafford Centre.

And Stevie Ireland outside COMS before the Wigan game, go a picture of him with my little lad. Top bloke, dead freindly.

Image054.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.