The New Handball Law

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Psychedelic Casual, 18 Aug 2019.

1. BJL_City

BJL_City

Then you misunderstand the real implementation, just treat is a video screen confirmation of last year's refereeing and let's get on with it. To expect, seek or hope it will do us any favours is naive.

2. GAZZA

GAZZA

So basically, if you think the ball has brushed your arm in the opposition penalty area you might as well kick the ball out of play because no goal can ever come of it.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2019
  3. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Where did i state i was expecting "favours" , that not naive thats your misunderstanding

4. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

I absolutely agree that Laporte did NOT gain control or possession of the ball, thus we don’t move on in that aspect of the law.

No control or possession, therefore no reason for that aspect of the rule to be used, even though it DID create a goal scoring opportunity, as we scored.

I think in their zeal to show they can see everything, the REFEREES USING VAR have overplayed the rule and MISINTERPRETED both the letter and intent of the law.

It is incidental contact which doesn’t rise to the threshold (REQUIRED BY THE LAW) of control or possession!

5. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

The Premier league have a new toy , so they are going to investigate anything and everything to justify its implementation , hopefully the novelty will wear off and they will only concentrate on wrestling matches in the penalty area :)

6. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

What a ridiculous call that was on Rodri! Everyone except Oliver saw it, and the VAR refs didn’t deem it “clear and obvious” ENOUGH to slate their mate!

FA COWARDICE ALL AROUND.

7. BJL_City

BJL_City

By general refereeing standards, giving correct decisions for and against us is doing us a favour. Being fair to us is doing us a favour.

8. The Light Was Yellow Sir

The Light Was Yellow Sir

I wonder what happens in the following scenario? Spurs corner yesterday and the ball hits LaPorte exactly the same way. Ederson then hoofs it up the pitch and it goes in. Indirect free kick to Spurs? Direct free kick, therefore a penalty to Spurs?
    Same scenario but Eddie plays it to KDB, one pass to Sterling who goes through and scores. Have we gained control of the ball, and affected a goal after an unintentional handball? They might have opened a can of worms with this one..

9. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

it is not doing us a favour , it is making the correct decision , how is that a favour ? , the officials are implenting the rules correctly not doing "favours". Doing us a "favour" is is allowing an illegal/offside/handball decision to our advantage , that is a favour.

10. Damanino

Damanino

Nobody will complain about this rule when they disallow a goal like this against us.

Chances are tho that it will be when we are 4-0 up against Villa and it wont make it 4-1 but stays 4-0 so nobody will really care.

this was bit more tricky as it was a high pressure games in 93. minute. Drama.

I would just totally ask the players to make very strong long shots from 20 metres away maximum but with real power so ball has speed and it can catch defenders arms in the air. That could be the case of "making themselves bigger" so its a pen.

If you look at our normal crossing its most of the time very low crosses. No chance of hitting any arms. We have the most shots, we cross maybe the most, we spend most time of oppoents box we have to take advantage of it and start getting the pens by taking advantage of the rules.

jimmygrimble likes this.