The New House of Commons Speaker

200w.gif

I assumed you were referring to him giving his statement when he went on the record?

If you’re saying why didn’t he show for the votes, then probably in the forlorn hope that they might have debated and actually voted on all the motions rather than debate him. Was never going to happen though, the whole day has been party political bollocks by all of them and one of the most depressing days in parliament I’ve seen in a long time (and there’s been a few the last few years!)

What a very strange day. SNP put a motion in to include the ceasefire to try and damage Labour in Scotland. Labour counter that with a few more specifics to the ceasefire and then for the Tories to take it back to a humanitarian pause. Understanding that Labour have turned it against both of them, with many Tories looking to support Labours amendment as it will give them grace with their constituents, they both throw their dummy out and the place turns into a crèche that has gone into meltdown. All the while, Labours motion passes and we have a vote for the British public, which they wanted.

Is that about it, or have I read the room wrongly?

today has been a real embarrasment and shown our supposed democracy is unfit for purpose, while lobbyist, donors amd self interest control our parties.

A big fuck off game for them all, none give a fuck about the electorate.

What a very strange day. SNP put a motion in to include the ceasefire to try and damage Labour in Scotland. Labour counter that with a few more specifics to the ceasefire and then for the Tories to take it back to a humanitarian pause. Understanding that Labour have turned it against both of them, with many Tories looking to support Labours amendment as it will give them grace with their constituents, they both throw their dummy out and the place turns into a crèche that has gone into meltdown. All the while, Labours motion passes and we have a vote for the British public, which they wanted.

Is that about it, or have I read the room wrongly?
Thats about it as far as I can see

Kids dying and our politicians are trying to point score and don't even have the self awareness that no one gives a shit about their silly little games.

Fucking embarrassing. Utter wankers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.