The New House of Commons Speaker

It does seem like a massive balls up from him today. The vast majority of people know the vote today was totally irrelevant as whatever outcome would change nothing on the ground. Why mot just stick to normal procedure.

It’s been a massive balls up by all of them really with them all trying to screw each other over and ended up with them all looking like idiots.

It’s an odd set of circumstances though, given our governing party didn’t have enough votes for their own motion and so had to pull it and we ended up with an opposition motion being passed unopposed. That should really be enough for an election to be called immediately in a normal world.

It’s been a massive balls up by all of them really with them all trying to screw each other over and ended up with them all looking like idiots.

It’s an odd set of circumstances though, given our governing party didn’t have enough votes for their own motion and so had to pull it and we ended up with an opposition motion being passed unopposed. That should really be enough for an election to be called immediately in a normal world.
To be honest - i'm not 100% sure what went on today and look forward to the papers explaining it tomorrow.

To be honest - i'm not 100% sure what went on today and look forward to the papers explaining it tomorrow.

I watched it all today. Going to be interesting to see how some of them spin it tomorrow! I thought it was the worst session of parliament I’ve seen and there’s been a few contenders over the last few years.

Who's opposition was it?
It was a genuine question, mate. From what I see, Starmer used all his influence and power to do the best for the Labour Party and its people. Without his actions there could have been serious consequences.

Has he made his personal position stronger, I’m not sure, but those that were under serious pressure following the previous vote, or non-vote, should we say, have now been listened to.

However, for me, the biggest part in all this is that we now have numerous parties, including the Opposition, agreeing that a ceasefire is needed. The fact that our government still don’t agree and didn’t have confidence in their own vote gives me hope that they are well on their way to making the same determination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.