The new Manics album

Honestly they should finish now. Its as if Richey had never gone. They have a chance to let it lye now. Its a fitting end.

TheMightyQuinn said:
svennis pennis said:
Honestly they should finish now. Its as if Richey had never gone. They have a chance to let it lye now. Its a fitting end.

I agree but they're already writing their new album so...

Are you joking?? Ok, well for me, the manics end now. Best possible finish.

svennis pennis said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
svennis pennis said:

They're deffo planning on doing a new album, so it's 90% certain that it'll happen. Don't think they'll split up for a bit yet.

Also when they do split I think it will be unofficial in so much that it won't be announced, they'll slow their work rate down, maybe release something after a few years but I don't see them ever calling it a day officially. Just fade out.

TheMightyQuinn said:
svennis pennis said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
svennis pennis said:

They're deffo planning on doing a new album, so it's 90% certain that it'll happen. Don't think they'll split up for a bit yet.

Also when they do split I think it will be unofficial in so much that it won't be announced, they'll slow their work rate down, maybe release something after a few years but I don't see them ever calling it a day officially. Just fade out.

yeah Nicky has already got a pile of lyrics for the next album ready to go apparently, and i think straight after this short tour they are going back in the studio.
they're was talk a few years back of an acoustic no frills 'nebraska' style album, so that may still see the light of day. and even once talk of going the REM route and making albums but not touring at all.

i'm not too sure about the fading away bit though.doesnt go along with the manics 'grand gesture' stance of the past. they may go out with a big one off farewell gig for example. and end it there. one thing i do know though i'm glad they didnt just split after the first album, we wouldnt have had some of the best albums of my generation in that case.

The cynic in me wonders why they have used Richie's lyrics now, during a 'slump' in their career sales and credibility wise...?
Have they only just come to light, or have they always had them?

Seen them do some great gigs over the years meself......anyone remember that show at The Apollo? Design For Life had just been released, and they were invited to do TOTP the same night, so delayed the start of the gig while they did it, and were flown up after it? They didn't hit the stage til nearly 10.30....and even on the Apollo's prices, everyone was really p*ssed by then......

Gaudino said:
The cynic in me wonders why they have used Richie's lyrics now, during a 'slump' in their career sales and credibility wise...?

Seen them do some great gigs over the years meself......anyone remember that show at The Apollo? Design For Life had just been released, and they were invited to do TOTP the same night, so delayed the start of the gig while they did it, and were flown up after it? They didn't hit the stage til nearly 10.30....and even on the Apollo's prices, everyone was really p*ssed by then......

Nah, Send away The Tigers brought them back into the public eye,they havd a number 2 single off that album and it was really well recieved. What with the NME godlike genius award they are in anything but a slump. They finally felt comfortable with the lyrics as Richey was declared presumed dead in November last year. Its the right time. People would of been cynical whenever they did this.
It just so happens its a masterpiece.

Gaudino said:

Pretty much what Svennis said, Richey was declared dead last November and the band were on a commercial and critical high so felt they could do this album now without fear of it being viewed as cynical or attempting to revive their career.

As for them splitting Mikey, I know what you mean about the grand gestures and all that and I agree but at the same time I can't see them ever officially calling it a day, I just think they're too close as friends and to in love with what they do to officially just end it, I reckon the gaps between albums will just get bigger until you sort of don't notice that they aren't around anymore. I could well be wrong though :)

Yeah I'm glad they didnt split after GT or there'd have been no Holy Bible for one thing, I'd have been deprived of the most intelligent, articulate and brilliant band of my generation and I wouldnt have met half the people I now count as close friends, wouldnt have read half the books I've read and would probably be a lot less politically aware etc.

Although would have been great if they had sold 20odd million records, set fire to themselves on top of the pops then split! :)

Had this on repeat none stop. Best album I have heard in a very long time. Definite purchase on Monday.

Ive got no money but its brilliant. "The figure 8 inside out is infinity." Fucking brilliant lyrics.

svennis pennis said:
Had this on repeat none stop. Best album I have heard in a very long time. Definite purchase on Monday.

Ive got no money but its brilliant. "The figure 8 inside out is infinity." Fucking brilliant lyrics.

I've played it loads for past 2 weeks, can't wait to get the album. On the official site they're doing signed versions of the deluxe edition which includes loads of artwork in the booklet and a disc of demos from the album that are apparently quite different. I've held off downloading the deluxe demos disc so as to not ruin Monday lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.