The new recruits....

Marvin said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
spacecadet said:
Nail on head- Some of the people on Bluemoon have more coaching badges then Roberto, Kiddo and Platt put together. Everyone is aloud an opininion but ffs.

'ALOUD'? 'OPININION'? 'SNIDELY'? Either you were drunk or are just plain thick. Either way, your point is largely lost, except the one that says "everyone is entitled to an opinion".

The original point you attacked, was well made - it would have been better to have spent the 50m on one or two proper top four footballers capable of mounting a serious attempt on the CL - especially with Lescott being so predictably poor.
How do you know that Nastasic, Garcia and Maicon are not going to make a significant contribution? As it is, players like Balotelli and Dzeko don't play enough games, and we were in for Hazard anyway.

Who is more likely in your opinion to play in a CL final: Hazard & Bale (when he now goes to Real) or Nasty,Garcia,Maicon,Sinclair etc?<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
Blue2112 said:
Should have accepted we didn't get our targets and save the money for the next window and go with what we already had.

The squad at present only needs top drawer additions every window of one or two players and i'd prefer we did this than buy 4/5 fillers at the last minute.

Correct!

Everyone saying the signings weren't Mancini's first choice then why didn't he just say i'm not happy with them and wait until he got what was his first choice?

Like someone has said above, our two best performances all season didn't feature any of our new signings, coincidence?

And what's worse is that we wont be able to 'get rid' of any of them now because their contracts are so good. All we've done is repeat the headache we gave ourselves with other 'inferior' quality players we gave a refuge to for no obvious reason..............

Nastasic is the only one I'm certain will be a sucess, I'll need to give Garcia more time, Rodwell and Sinclair ain't good enough, Maicon was a panic buy.

Barcon said:
peoffrey said:
Barcon said:
Who would you have played at right back when Micah and Zabby were out?

Having both the right backs out is sheer bad luck but Kolo Toure or even Milner could do a shift there if needs be. Lescott can play left back too.

Both our recognised rightbacks were injured so we signed one for around three mill. He might not be the greatest rightback out there, but how people think it was bizare and baffling is just weird.

How is it weird when we already have players like Milner who can cover right-back? Would you not think it weird to buy another left-back when we already have Clichy & Kolarov?

Barcon said:
peoffrey said:
Having both the right backs out is sheer bad luck but Kolo Toure or even Milner could do a shift there if needs be. Lescott can play left back too.

Both our recognised rightbacks were injured so we signed one for around three mill. He might not be the greatest rightback out there, but how people think it was bizare and baffling is just weird.

It's another member of the 25 man squad though, isn't it? A third right back with his best years behind him. An emergency loan would've been a better idea.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:16 am --<br /><br />
Ntini77 said:
Sinclair will be an astute signing provided we're not paying him obscenely high wages.

I completely disagree. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premiership Champions. He had 5 seasons at Chelsea under several Managers yet never stepped up. I've just got a really bad feeling about him in a City shirt and think he'll be out on loan in January.

Maicon was a pointless signing can't see how he will get any games unless a complete injury crisis.

Rodwell very overpriced and again I can't see how he will get the required games to develop.

Nastasic looks promising and one for the future it also got Savic of the books and Sinclair at least gives us a pacy wide option.

Not sure on Garcia I haven't been impressed with what i've seen but maybe he just needs match fitness.

Just annyos me there were so many good players for similar prices we missed out on, Dembele, Corzola to name a few and we still didn't buy a top quality deep lying playmaker.

I know that Mike Rigg was head of player acquisition until this year. Does anyone know what happened after he left? Was he replaced? I am assuming he was although based on the summer transfer debacle, perhaps not.

I've thought Garcia has done alright so far, I can't remember a 'bad' performance though I can't remember a particularly amazing one either, very standard so far.

Nasty I think has done alright too, especially against Real Madrid and considering his age. He wasn't a transfer for right now, but the future.

The others though I don't quite understand though if these last few years have taught me anything it's to have some faith in our players and management. Many on here said Dzeko was shit, look at him now. The same goes for Silva, Yaya, Barry.

I agree it wasn't a good window for us, especially when it looks increasingly like Chelsea have spent a similar amount and have closed the gap on us.

With the new campus on the horizon we need to be forging better links with the younger players on the fringes of the squad, too. If we want to attract the best young player we have to be able to offer them a route to the first team if they are good enough. The signing of overpaid, over the hill shite like Maicon just blocks that route for players like Ryan mcgivern.

Rodwell, nastasic and possibly Garcia will add to our squad depth, but I don't see any of the new buys as first choices. Let's see how they progress, but I'm glad the manager is now leaning for on his old heads. It's brought results.

St Ives blue said:
Barcon said:
peoffrey said:

How is it weird when we already have players like Milner who can cover right-back? Would you not think it weird to buy another left-back when we already have Clichy & Kolarov?

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind play Milner at right back.
He has no positional sense and slow reactions.
Although Vinny screwed up yesterday he was in front of Hunt to start with.
Reminded me of Lard Arse Dunny's tackle at Boro when we got thumped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.