the news will get even better

tolmie's hairdoo said:
M18CTID said:
I'm still waiting for Joe Hart to return early from his loan spell as you promised us all last week, so forgive me for not getting too carried away with this news ;)

Seriously Tolmie, I know you're not a bullshitter but I tend to think it's best to wait until things have been officially announced before getting all excited as no matter how good someone's contacts are, you can't legislate for all manner of things happening that could scupper any potential signing.

That's fair enough mate, although I will argue I was 100 per cent correct on Hart in posting we had contacted Birmingham earlier that morning and it was just a question of money.

Something that was born out.

At least you acknowledge we can't legislate for all manner of other things which happen.

Apologies, was just trying to get blues' spirits up with some positive news, and will stick to the PMs in future or OS.

Can you please put me on your pm list please Tolmie..you have lifted my spirits big time..and thanks to posters like M18CTID I could miss out on any future news you may have..cheers Sam.:)

If we got CL I think the Torres deal may have been a done deal, now only a possible deal, depends who else comes in, but that is a limited field – not many clubs could find the money, Chelsea and Barca certainly could, so why don’t we offer Robinho to Barca to use up their funds.

Other signings a couple of up and coming British players via Brian Kidd, maybe Milner

And a couple of continental midfielders

Im not an ITK

Just hopefull

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Sorry but if we are in for him then it's because garry Cook as been blinded by the bling again and the kudos he would get with this signing.

Why would we persue this is simple really because Garry Cook really does believe any one will sign for the money.

I agree we are probably still in for are original targets but I don't think Torres will be going to anywhere but Barca.

Torres ain't goint back to spain mate here's a recent interview....

A recent interview with Torres....

Fernando Torres says Liverpool need 'four or five top-class players'

• Spanish striker rules out move back to La Liga
• Club remain 'a long way' from dominating Premier League

* Paul Coupar
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 14 March 2010 10.46 GMT

Fernando Torres is happy in Liverpool but says the club must make big signings. Photograph: Adam Davy/Empics Sport

Fernando Torres has expressed the view that Liverpool need "four or five" top-class players.

New faces are needed because the side remain "a long way" from dominating the Premier League, Torres told the Spanish newspaper AS. "If we do not reinforce the squad," he said, "next year all we will be able to do is fight for fourth again.

"Being in the Champions League is not so important for me," admitted Torres of his manager Rafael Benítez's goal of a top-four finish. "What is really important is that the club makes an effort and brings in important players to improve the quality of the squad.

"I want to be fighting for the Premier League, the Champions League or the Europa League, but to do this we need signings to come. We need four or five top-class players to compete, players better than the ones we have."

However, Torres dismissed whispers of a move back to Spain this summer, with Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"I don't plan on going back to La Liga for a while. I have made my move away from home and I owe Liverpool a lot. I like it here, and people have treated me like one of their own. I am very happy here and hopefully my future is here. I think the club deserves to win again, but at this point they know they are a long way away.

"The fans are worried that players are going to leave and that's a problem. But I think the club will go the right way. Since Christian Purslow took over [as chief executive], we have signed a big new sponsorship deal and money has come in. So I think things will move forward."

Torres is contracted to Liverpool until 2013, having accepted more money last May. Asked if he had thought of leaving early, he said: "It's too early to talk about that."

Door well and truly wide open, not going back to spain so rules barca/madrid out, when asked if he had thought of leaving never said ruled it out, will liverpool really buy 5 class player? right now no imo, says CL aint all that to him and say's winning the prem is important, we are a huge proporsition for him reading that article.

I think our aim/ambition is to try and win the prem next year that ambition could well sway Torres to miss one season of CL football!

oaksie2 said:
Not a good move by the club, great player that he is, it will just make us even more of a target for the we are ruining the game brigade.
I think we should target the player "that is going to be a star" rather than the ready made over paid and over priced player. Adam Johnson was a step in the right direction as would Jerome Boateng, we shall see, but Torres not for me leave him at Liverpool for the sake of peace for everyone.

Torres is quality and i couldn't care what any other club or fans think CTID

avoidconfusion said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Apologies, was just trying to get blues' spirits up with some positive news, and will stick to the PMs in future or OS.

Huh? No need to apologize or stick to PMs really.

Cool, just completely misread that people at the mo didn't want to read this type of stuff.

The reference to PMs was only that is creates a lot less hassle for many, especially me!

You will have to forgive me, was up late into night watching bloody election.

Brain drain.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cool, just completely misread that people at the mo didn't want to read this type of stuff.

The reference to PMs was only that is creates a lot less hassle for many, especially me!

You will have to forgive me, was up late into night watching bloody election.

Brain drain.

Great!
If you should ever decide to only post info in PMs please add me to your list. :)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:
You sound totally convinced that he's coming...yes?

You even state that the last time you named a player it never transpired, so for you to do it now suggests that you are just about certain this time... otherwise you wouldn't hold yourself up for a good grilling!

So why the conviction at theis particular time, given the fact that I doubt if anyone seriously thought that he was a go-er given our lack of Champiuons League football.

Or is it just like Kaka and Terry and Ronaldinho before him... we are simply interested and at this stage and it's nothjing more?

Or is it something more?!??!!

You are trying to read too much in to it. There is no deal dealed that was recalled to me.

Only that Champs League failure will not impinge on what they plan to do - attempt to sign Torres.

As stated in opening post, I am fearful things will run a similar course to Terry/Kaka

In that, Liverpool are desperate to maximise his value, if the decision has been made to sell.

The likes of Chelsea, Barca etc, they will all be knocking. What makes our owners think that despite no Champs football, it is prudent to pursue our interest.

Why set ourselves up for another fall. This is the only reason for my excitement, and bringing the issue into hopefully a more reasoned debate.

Fair do's.

Reading this post suggests that even you aren't convinced he's coming... but that we are still going to go for him.

That makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.