the news will get even better

Us wanting torres is one thing. torres wanting us is a different matter. I'm not usually a gloomer but we have been here before with terry, kaka, dino, etoo. yes we are ambitious and i love it but there is no indication whatsoever that he wants to come.

its awful on here when we have just missed out on that top player after weeks of chasing and weeks of it "being a done deal" . tolmie is a top ITK but some will take this as set in stone and give you dogs abuse if it fails to happen (as previous ITKs have been)

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bazz, it's only perceived by some as negative, because it's what you might not want to hear, that doesn't make it any the less relevant.

Suppose football is pretty much the same - you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Torres would be smooth all the way if they manage to pull this off.

Think you may also do me a slight disservice in terms of me supposedly posting transfer names.

I rarely do that, certainly since Fabian Delph!

Our owners run too tight a ship for names to come out on the drip so widespread.

That, and I don't need hassle or ITK police nailing me to the cross.

Good faith, as always.

You sound totally convinced that he's coming...yes?

You even state that the last time you named a player it never transpired, so for you to do it now suggests that you are just about certain this time... otherwise you wouldn't hold yourself up for a good grilling!

So why the conviction at theis particular time, given the fact that I doubt if anyone seriously thought that he was a go-er given our lack of Champiuons League football.

Or is it just like Kaka and Terry and Ronaldinho before him... we are simply interested and at this stage and it's nothjing more?

Or is it something more?!??!!

You are trying to read too much in to it. There is no deal dealed that was recalled to me.

Only that Champs League failure will not impinge on what they plan to do - attempt to sign Torres.

As stated in opening post, I am fearful things will run a similar course to Terry/Kaka

In that, Liverpool are desperate to maximise his value, if the decision has been made to sell.

The likes of Chelsea, Barca etc, they will all be knocking. What makes our owners think that despite no Champs football, it is prudent to pursue our interest.

Why set ourselves up for another fall. This is the only reason for my excitement, and bringing the issue into hopefully a more reasoned debate.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
Please tell me we're not in for another exciting, but ultimately fruitless and slightly embarressing, pursuit of a rival club's top player? I don't think I can take another Kaka/Terry saga tbh. More to the point, it's the last thing the club needs at the moment.

Agree unreservedly with that sentiment. Whatever is going to happen on the Torres front, it needs to happen pre-World Cup. It would be a shame if we ended another transfer window with egg on our faces over the endless pursuit of someone who ultimately was never going to come (which to my mind is what the Terry and Kaka pursuits were).

Having said that, the club must have some indication that CL football wasn't a deal breaker, otherwise they just wouldn't pursue him...

got to admit that one mate...i said that to my dipper mate...he reckons torres will only leave for CL footy.....i said, "lets face it, we are in europa same as you (dippers) next year, so it's a straight choice between chelsea for the CL, or being in europa with either city or liverpool and i know which has more potential next year, maybe torres does too". Having said that my mate is convinced he's chelsea bound.

I can here it echoing, imagine it....

Fernando Torres, City's number 9...

Anyone who doesn't want him in our team should go seek help.

BlueDejong said:
avoidconfusion said:
Well TH, you also said Joe Hart is coming back as our Emergency Keeper. :)

He never said 'Joe Hart is come back'

He just said that negotiation about Hart loan back

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=173055&p=3167329&hilit=Hart#p3167329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=173055&p=3167329&hilit=Hart#p3167329</a>

Not saying Tolmie is not ITK or trying to discredit him.

I think the doom mongers re Tolmie's info need to have head-wobble. There have been some complete gobshites on here the last few windows, supposed 'ITKs', but something about Tolmie suggests he knows more than any of us mere mortals could know. I'd rather have his posts on here than not, even if they don't all come off. One thing though, if this one does come off i'll take great pleasure in letting Tolmie skull-fuck me, as should all you. If, Tolmie, you are Khaldoon and are not into that kind of thing, I apologise unreservedly. ;-)

shadygiz said:
BillyShears said:
Agree unreservedly with that sentiment. Whatever is going to happen on the Torres front, it needs to happen pre-World Cup. It would be a shame if we ended another transfer window with egg on our faces over the endless pursuit of someone who ultimately was never going to come (which to my mind is what the Terry and Kaka pursuits were).

Having said that, the club must have some indication that CL football wasn't a deal breaker, otherwise they just wouldn't pursue him...

got to admit that one mate...i said that to my dipper mate...he reckons torres will only leave for CL footy.....i said, "lets face it, we are in europa same as you (dippers) next year, so it's a straight choice between chelsea for the CL, or being in europa with either city or liverpool and i know which has more potential next year, maybe torres does too". Having said that my mate is convinced he's chelsea bound.

The reality is that Liverpool don't NEED to sell Torres - from a business point of view they will probably only sell if the offer is one which they can't refuse (ala Ronaldo to Madrid). In the current landscape I just don't see Abramovich bankrolling a 70 million pound plus transfer, plus wages which would shatter the current ceiling at Chelsea. Especially not when he's haggling over 20k a week with the likes of Joe Cole, and every story out of Stamford Bridge is that he's reigning in the spending.

In my opinion, the Chelsea "interest" could well be Liverpool ramping up the price. After all, we were linked with a 50 million pound bid a few weeks back. And now suddenly the figures being quoted are 70 million. Ultimately, if he does sign, he will cost what Madrid paid for Ronaldo IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.