The next 007

He's my second favourite to be honest, I just think they toughened 007 up and cut out a bit of the cheesyness with Daniel Craig
This all day long.
Craig made films as bond that weren't just bond films, they were good films in there own right. Wasn't a great bond fan until he took over. I think he took it to another level.
Will be a hard act to follow.

This.

Agree with the poster who said Clive Owen would have been ideal but far too old now.

I always say 2 things which were bad in the 1980s (there were many more of course) were that Cloughie didn't get the England job and the Bond producers turned down the magnificent Lewis Collins
Collins would have been great but the corny scripts would have ruined it.
A young collins with the modern approach now would be epic. He'd piss all over craig, and that's saying something.

This all day long.
Craig made films as bond that weren't just bond films, they were good films in there own right. Wasn't a great bond fan until he took over. I think he took it to another level.
Will be a hard act to follow.
Yeah but he didn't fit with Fleming's books.
He wasn't tall dark and handsome, Sean Connery was the very essence of Bond. If you're basing Bond from the novels.
Craig is short blonde and plain looking. Good actor but didn't comply I'm afraid.

Yeah but he didn't fit with Fleming's books.
He wasn't tall dark and handsome, Sean Connery was the very essence of Bond. If you're basing Bond from the novels.
Craig is short blonde and plain looking. Good actor but didn't comply I'm afraid.
Yeah that's fair comment, but most cinema goers haven't got the novels on their laps making comparisons, and for the most part dont care., but I take your point. Connery made a good fist of it, and he may well have resembled Flemings description, but the scripts were weak, not like they are now.
The fact that craig doesn't fit the description, but still pulls it off better than anyone else, and makes bond a decent action movie says it for me.

Yeah that's fair comment, but most cinema goers haven't got the novels on their laps making comparisons, and for the most part dont care., but I take your point. Connery made a good fist of it, and he may well have resembled Flemings description, but the scripts were weak, not like they are now.
The fact that craig doesn't fit the description, but still pulls it off better than anyone else, and makes bond a decent action movie says it for me.
Imo they're not really Bond movie's anymore, they've lost that magic, just run of the mill American action movies now.
Bond could be called whatever name.
I probably won't even go to see the next one, thought the last two were bobbins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.