The NHS Appreciation Thread

I'm glad my eldest daughter doesn't think like that. I'm happy she's happy saving lives here as a district nurse. She's just one of thousands of others willing to do that, and why we should be proud of the NHS.
I saved and protected lives every week for almost 20 years.I think I'm entitled to my thoughts and opinions that have been supportef and well made.
Hopefully your daughter will contribute for even longer,she has my admiration regardless.

There is no point me even getting into a discussion with you as you can't see the wood for the trees where social issues are concerned,you will not have a bad word said about anyone as its never their fault.
I happen to be a ward inspector at the SRFT, I do work for Innovation Health Manchester, I am involved as a patient advocate for Dermatology services and I am a patient ambassador for Dermopathology. I know how things work.

That is why you will not debate the issue and why you make moronic comments like it is being abused. It is because you read it somewhere that an immigrant got free stuff and you bought the insidious rhetoric without question.

I ask again, why and where is it being abused? If you don't answer I consider you to be trolling rather than engaging in debate on this. Its important that people are aware of the issues and corrected where they are at fault because attitudes likes yours are symptomatic of the damaging idiocy that poisons the whole debate.

Spot on.People are leaving in droves,there are better lives to be had out there.
Perhaps things have changed but because my wife was in BUPA because of work we often found the same doctors working for both. The difference then was that the NHS system delayed treatment by for example splitting say a colonoscopy into diagnosis then later treatment whereas BUPA did treatment at the same time as diagnosis.
Can only assume that NHS constrained by budget considerations?

I happen to be a ward inspector at the SRFT, I do work for Innovation Health Manchester, I am involved as a patient advocate for Dermatology services and I am a patient ambassador for Dermopathology. I know how things work.

That is why you will not debate the issue and why you make moronic comments like it is being abused. It is because you read it somewhere that an immigrant got free stuff and you bought the insidious rhetoric without question.

I ask again, why and where is it being abused? If you don't answer I consider you to be trolling rather than engaging in debate on this. Its important that people are aware of the issues and corrected where they are at fault because attitudes likes yours are symptomatic of the damaging idiocy that poisons the whole debate.
I worked front line for 13 years,i saw and dealt with abuse on a daily basis.
I didnt think a man of your experience would need that explaining.

Perhaps things have changed but because my wife was in BUPA because of work we often found the same doctors working for both. The difference then was that the NHS system delayed treatment by for example splitting say a colonoscopy into diagnosis then later treatment whereas BUPA did treatment at the same time as diagnosis.
Can only assume that NHS constrained by budget considerations?

Budget constraints are the biggest burden it faces at the moment. The fragmentation of services caused by Lansleys reforms didn't help either. In Manchester we now have control of a significant part of the health budget for the region , through Innovation Health Manchester with the support of the NIHR the way Manchester does things is now leading the way in any areas across the UK, especially in Dermatology, Mental Health and Cancer. Through the initiative IHM are looking to create centres of excellence across the region involving not just the hospitals but the University research departments and industry in order to provide new models of working. It is hard though because there are a number of pressing issues one of which is staffing levels. The NHS is really struggling to retain high quality staff and recruitment is suffering due to the negativity purported by the likes of Fantasy Ireland. Morale is low and as a result staff that remain see change with reluctance as they fear for their jobs as pay is already suffering in comparison to other sectors. Brexit is likely to hit recruitment of nursing staff and that is already starting to happen. Salford Royal is one the leading Dermatology centres in the world and works with the research depts. of Manchester university to provide education for staff and research opportunities for graduates wishing to do PhDs but is struggling to attract staff. If we lose the centre then it will go elsewhere across the world and the people of Manchester will be the first to suffer. This is happening across other sectors of excellence in Manchester too. I am heavily involved with Innovation Health Manchester on PPE (public patient engagement) which Manchester is using to influence tomorrows NHS and it is the way forward, services are being designed with patient needs in mind. As we are all potential patients at some point this should be widely supported and applauded not debased as being abused by a minority. That serves no purpose but to destroy faith in the future and will no doubt eventually hand the whole of the NHS over to capitalist hawks who wish to prey on people who are unwell. As Fantasy Ireland refused to engage me on this subject much to my disgust I thought I would had a little more unprompted in order to show how wrong he is with his comments.

I will leave it there and continue doing what I do knowing I am doing what is right.

Budget constraints are the biggest burden it faces at the moment. The fragmentation of services caused by Lansleys reforms didn't help either. In Manchester we now have control of a significant part of the health budget for the region , through Innovation Health Manchester with the support of the NIHR the way Manchester does things is now leading the way in any areas across the UK, especially in Dermatology, Mental Health and Cancer. Through the initiative IHM are looking to create centres of excellence across the region involving not just the hospitals but the University research departments and industry in order to provide new models of working. It is hard though because there are a number of pressing issues one of which is staffing levels. The NHS is really struggling to retain high quality staff and recruitment is suffering due to the negativity purported by the likes of Fantasy Ireland. Morale is low and as a result staff that remain see change with reluctance as they fear for their jobs as pay is already suffering in comparison to other sectors. Brexit is likely to hit recruitment of nursing staff and that is already starting to happen. Salford Royal is one the leading Dermatology centres in the world and works with the research depts. of Manchester university to provide education for staff and research opportunities for graduates wishing to do PhDs but is struggling to attract staff. If we lose the centre then it will go elsewhere across the world and the people of Manchester will be the first to suffer. This is happening across other sectors of excellence in Manchester too. I am heavily involved with Innovation Health Manchester on PPE (public patient engagement) which Manchester is using to influence tomorrows NHS and it is the way forward, services are being designed with patient needs in mind. As we are all potential patients at some point this should be widely supported and applauded not debased as being abused by a minority. That serves no purpose but to destroy faith in the future and will no doubt eventually hand the whole of the NHS over to capitalist hawks who wish to prey on people who are unwell. As Fantasy Ireland refused to engage me on this subject much to my disgust I thought I would had a little more unprompted in order to show how wrong he is with his comments.

I will leave it there and continue doing what I do knowing I am doing what is right.
Thanks for that insight.
My point about being constrained by budgets usually means overall cost is greater than if all done at same time. In other words the compliance to budget for one financial period is reduced but overall cost for that customer is increased. Multiply that a few times and the costs and waiting lists are not helped.

I work in the NHS and see people abusing it daily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.