The NHS Appreciation Thread

Overeaction much.you sound really unhappy in your job,i'm a patient now who has been seen in hospital a few times for broken bones,the service was very quick,even in A&E,maybe my health trust is excellently run

I love my job and I love the concept of the NHS I despise the abusers of the system and the apologists that think it's ok. Which part was an over reaction? People do die waiting for ambulances, people do die waiting for ward beds, people do go to their drs with minor ailments, which part was an over reaction? As someone who sees things day in day out I think I'm in a better place than you to comment on the here and now regarding wasters and hypochondriacs abusing the system.

No one cares, that's why wards have 2 people medical teams. 2 nurses looking after 30 bed wards, a third of those patients high risk and needing 1to1 monitoring but only 4 support workers. Hilary whining her mum hasn't had her cup of tea yet, but that's because the staff doing the tea are currently being smacked about by Morris, 1 of the 10 1to1 patients, security can't help because they are at an incident in A&E. And on and on and on.
I started nursing in 79,bed blocking,staff shortages all exsisted then,it's nothing new,it's just we has matrons to maintain standards,todays service is a run away train with no way to stop it,my experience of the last 2 yrs has been brilliant,each department and each hospital has got to keep control and keep things moving,mine s proof it can be done

I love my job and I love the concept of the NHS I despise the abusers of the system and the apologists that think it's ok. Which part was an over reaction? People do die waiting for ambulances, people do die waiting for ward beds, people do go to their drs with minor ailments, which part was an over reaction? As someone who sees things day in day out I think I'm in a better place than you to comment on the here and now regarding wasters and hypochondriacs abusing the system.
Jog on you patronising sod

It exists
https://www.patientaccess.com/
My GP was part of it then dropped out.
It's fucking useless
Its ok now. It also depends on how much of it gets turned on by your own health centre.
They have the ability to turn more bits on for their patients, as they improve their own internal IT/processes.

Mine allows booking of appts, repeat meds, review of previous.
Also linking to local pharmacy, so that prescriptions are sent direct to pharmacy.

What it needs to have is patient input for ongoing medical issues (turned on by GP on a patient by patient basis), eg finished course of medicine, x symptom gone, now what?

Next useful thing would be hooking up blood/sample tests and booking blood tests

I started nursing in 79,bed blocking,staff shortages all exsisted then,it's nothing new,it's just we has matrons to maintain standards,todays service is a run away train with no way to stop it,my experience of the last 2 yrs has been brilliant,each department and each hospital has got to keep control and keep things moving,mine s proof it can be done

All of those things are worse now. Perhaps your trust should be held up as the model to follow then if they have no waits in A&E, no wait for appointments, no bed blockers, no families expecting free sitting services for uncle Albert. Couple of trusts in my area are outstanding one of them is the only trust in the country to be given it consequetively I think the trusts in my area perhaps know what they are doing. But they can't do very much about the people who abuse the service and subsequently cause many of the issues for the deserving patients.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.