The NHS Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 16 Jun 2019.

1. Rascal

Rascal

Team supported:
    RCD Espanyol
    I have not said I believe that to be the case, I attended a workshop that was looking into the proposal. I made no decision as I was not well enough educated on the matter. It has gone for further consideration after initial concerns were raised. I don't have the power to decide, I can influence, I will only influence if I am certain.

One of my main concerns were it would not be culturally acceptable to insist on such a regime for everybody because it is tantamount to the state being overbearing.

That is not to say in the future I may be convinced by the proposal, because I may if the evidence proves conclusive. If it does not I remain sceptical.

2. Rascal

Rascal

Team supported:
    RCD Espanyol
    It is not often I ever agree with you but on this point I do. It is ridiculous that somebody entering the nursing profession faces any debt at all. I disagree with student fees per se, but for nurses and other medical professions it is counter productive. The only caveat I would place is that on graduation they must serve a minimum length of time in the NHS in lieu of there education.

3. kippax4ever

kippax4ever

See you in spoons then..

stonerblue likes this.
  4. Southern

Southern

No, it's good when it is set up properly by your GP

5. Someone was whinging about families not taking relatives home ... this simply isn’t always the case.

I had to fight for weeks to get my aunt discharged as they were trying to put her in care. The staff were horrible at the time .

6. Bovril

Bovril

Took Mum to Crumpsall yesterday she's 78 and thought she was having a heart attack, the Sister seen her within 15 mins of getting to A&E and had her blood tested after 20 mins. Absolutely fantastic care from an over crowded, over worked under funded (that's another debate) staff, our cherished NHS at its finest well done Crumpsall.

The blue phantom likes this.
  7. DenisLawBackHeel74

DenisLawBackHeel74

What a brilliant outcome. Best regards to your mum!!

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  8. Celeste

Celeste

Our five trophies on display at the Christie today when I arrived at work!! City helping to make NHS staff and patients feel much better!!

9. Banned Tosspot

Banned Tosspot

Not if they're rags.

Celeste likes this.
  10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Just pissed myself laughing