The north/south divide

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I don't think South Manchester has a chip on its shoulder. I think its more the fact that N Manc people feel the need to tell us how great it is up there so S Manc people feel they have to correct them.

1) South MCR is more wealthy

2) South MCR has what I would deem a 'Mancunian accent' rather than a lancashire one.

These are facts/

The 2nd point is of course an opinion and your entitled to your opinion but i can't agree with it and agree completely with what Pige said above. By the way Pige what you spelling Blackley wrong for? Schoolboy error!

Failsworth_Blue said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I don't think South Manchester has a chip on its shoulder. I think its more the fact that N Manc people feel the need to tell us how great it is up there so S Manc people feel they have to correct them.

1) South MCR is more wealthy

2) South MCR has what I would deem a 'Mancunian accent' rather than a lancashire one.

These are facts/

The 2nd point is of course an opinion and your entitled to your opinion but i can't agree with it and agree completely with what Pige said above. By the way Pige what you spelling Blackley wrong for? Schoolboy error!
Cos am a fick norf Manc innit!

I thought it looked odd when I typed it!

I think BB2 is confusing the N Manc accent with the Oldham one.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Sounds like it and i know from previous posts he's not a big fan of Oldham. You typed Blackley as you say it, for the record why we go tit for tat, Blackley is the best place in Manc

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

Sounds like it and i know from previous posts he's not a big fan of Oldham. You typed Blackley as you say it, for the record why we go tit for tat, Blackley is the best place in Manc
Whilst i'll obviously disagree and say New Moston is the best place in Manc, I will give you Blackley as a close second. My Pa was raised in Blackley, Higher Blackley to be precise.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm --<br /><br />
Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

Whilst i'll obviously disagree and say New Moston is the best place in Manc, I will give you Blackley as a close second. My Pa was raised in Blackley, Higher Blackley to be precise.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Whilst i'll obviously disagree and say New Moston is the best place in Manc, I will give you Blackley as a close second. My Pa was raised in Blackley, Higher Blackley to be precise.

-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm --

Failsworth_Blue said:

Higher Blackley is where i lived for years until i moved to Failsworth. Got family who live in New Moston and obviously it's not far from where i live now. As for South Manc, i went to College there for two years and most of the people were from the South side of the City. A lot of nice people but some strange ones aswell although thats probably the same for any college in North Manc

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm --

Higher Blackley is where i lived for years until i moved to Failsworth. Got family who live in New Moston and obviously it's not far from where i live now. As for South Manc, i went to College there for two years and most of the people were from the South side of the City. A lot of nice people but some strange ones aswell although thats probably the same for any college in North Manc
Failsworth was always part of my arguement for N Manc. Those who live in Chorlton and Didsbury used to harp on about all the bars both areas has in walking distance of each other, so i'd say, 'well Failsworth has the Pole, an area full of about 15 bars and pubs with a couple of curry houses to boot'. Do you know what the counter-arguement was? It was simply, 'but the pubs in Chorlton are better'. There's not alot you can say to that, is there?!!!

I currently live in N Manc/Bury/Gtr Manc/Lancashire/south central Radcliffe or whatever you wanna call it.
I spent my teenage years working in town, 2 years in Withington, 4 years in Bury and a couple of years running shops all over the N West from Buxton to scouseland.
Everywhere i've been i found people worth talking to and people i'd rather kick in the eye. Some places were dumps and others were beautiful but they all had a cross section of people living there whch makes it impossible for me to generalise about any area.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Failsworth was always part of my arguement for N Manc. Those who live in Chorlton and Didsbury used to harp on about all the bars both areas has in walking distance of each other, so i'd say, 'well Failsworth has the Pole, an area full of about 15 bars and pubs with a couple of curry houses to boot'. Do you know what the counter-arguement was? It was simply, 'but the pubs in Chorlton are better'. There's not alot you can say to that, is there?!!!

I think with due respect that Failsworth seems a bit more dangerous? Obviously Chorlton/Dids have some very bad areas nearby, but the streets/pubs seem safer?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Pigeonho said:

I think with due respect that Failsworth seems a bit more dangerous? Obviously Chorlton/Dids have some very bad areas nearby, but the streets/pubs seem safer?
There's nobheads everywhere mate, but going off experience from talking to people at work, (alot of ex grads come to our place), Chorlton is rife for muggings on students.

I live chorlton which in my opinion is the best residential area in Manchester although that's just my opinion. I've always felt that south Manchester is closer and more intergrated with the city centre than the north, I would say that south Manchester is a lot less safe though walk a mile out of chorlton in any given direction other than to didsbury and it's pretty rough. I've always thought of north Manchester as just loads and loads of houses though the people are nicer there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.