The north/south divide

christen at St Marks said:
BluePurgatory said:
North Manchester is where it all began.

Thought the world began at St Marks Gorton

It did but to be honest I was thinking more on the berth of Manchester ie the industrial revolutuion etc. even the romans took the stone from collyhurst to build the original fort in castelfield.

the kippax pigeon said:
pominoz said:
I find it funny when i talk to another Manc over here,and they ask which part of Manchester are you from,i say Cheetham Hill,they always seem to take a half step back away from me.Strange.
Yet,if i say Blackley,its like "oh,right".
Hey mate moving to melbourne in jan from sunny brisbane, was wandering if there are any places where all blues meet up for games.

cheers mate

Hi mate,there used to be few blues that meet for games here - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.charlesdickenstavern.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.charlesdickenstavern.com.au/</a>

The Facebook Group,Melbourne MCFC Fans,organise meet ups there for big games.
Hope you have fun in not so sunny Melbourne ;-)

Swales lives said:
Oldham, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan don't count - they're just subhuman.

Glad I'm from Heywood then.

None of those places count as Manchester. I'm from Heywood and Lancashire that is all. But Manchester is my nearest City.
Can't see any difference in reality. It's the same as the supposed Country North South divide. Both have rich and poor places and tossers and good people.

pominoz said:
the kippax pigeon said:
Hey mate moving to melbourne in jan from sunny brisbane, was wandering if there are any places where all blues meet up for games.

cheers mate

Hi mate,there used to be few blues that meet for games here - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.charlesdickenstavern.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.charlesdickenstavern.com.au/</a>

The Facebook Group,Melbourne MCFC Fans,organise meet ups there for big games.
Hope you have fun in not so sunny Melbourne ;-)
thanks very much mate. cheers

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand South Manchester, purely because of the student population and how some people deem themselves better for coming from the South compared to the North. Its probably gone on for ages. An arguement I used to put too though was, 'well where in the City are 90% of the deaths by shootings?', that generally, as a rule, shut them up for 5 minutes. That was usually in retort to them saying North Manchester is rough, which admittedly parts of it are, but rarely do you hear of shootings in N.Manchester, compared to South at least. Yes there will be arguements that other crimes are more common in the North, and that maybe the case. As I say, its probably gone on for ages but my general opinion is I won't go to South Manchester unless its absolutely necessary.

Pigeonho said:
I don't know what it is, but I can't stand South Manchester, purely because of the student population and how some people deem themselves better for coming from the South compared to the North. Its probably gone on for ages. An arguement I used to put too though was, 'well where in the City are 90% of the deaths by shootings?', that generally, as a rule, shut them up for 5 minutes. That was usually in retort to them saying North Manchester is rough, which admittedly parts of it are, but rarely do you hear of shootings in N.Manchester, compared to South at least. Yes there will be arguements that other crimes are more common in the North, and that maybe the case. As I say, its probably gone on for ages but my general opinion is I won't go to South Manchester unless its absolutely necessary.

deary me

stonerblue said:
Pigeonho said:

deary me
I know its sad mate, but I know there's folk who say the same vise versa. I have the same view of London, again its a sad way to think but at 33 i', not going to change a view i've had for the last 15 years or so.

Cit-eh or Cit-ih?

I'm a northerner but Maine Road was in the south so that'll do for me.

Pigeonho said:

Bejeeeezus! The thread was started tounge-in-cheek! Isn't all manchester wonderfull? So much better than neighbouring borough's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.