The Official Ashes 09 Thread

jimharri said:
Loved Ponting's reaction. It was as if he couldn't figure out how Swann got past his defences. Reminded me of the pie eater (Gatting) all those years ago, when Warne tied him in knots!

The magic ball!

bornblueegg said:
jimharri said:
Loved Ponting's reaction. It was as if he couldn't figure out how Swann got past his defences. Reminded me of the pie eater (Gatting) all those years ago, when Warne tied him in knots!

The magic ball!
He was a fantastic bowler; he could make the ball go around corners!! Just a pity he was Australian!

jimharri said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I started watching Cricket this morning, and I must admit, I got quite into it. This won't really mean alot to most of you, but I bet Ntini's a bit shocked.
Good man! But looking at your location, shouldn't you be into egg-chasing?

I try to stay away from that contingent, it can get extremely competitive and when evening comes around, the smell can be horrendous.

modgeblue said:
did anyone hear shane warne early on about 12. 15 him and bumble were talking about being able to hit a ball when it had slipped out of the bowlers hand. warne said "you can TWAT it" made me laugh anywy
Yeah... twat doesn't have the same kind of effect here as it does over there though. Same as bollocks.

Should be an interesting Day 5 to say the least. I have no doubt the Australian side are still thinking they can win the match, its just the Aussie mentality we grow up with, although the likely result is a draw or an English victory. Watson will come back out and play his shots and I believe the aussie will be looking at a declaration at some stage providing quick wickets aren't lost.

Aussie Blue said:
Should be an interesting Day 5 to say the least. I have no doubt the Australian side are still thinking they can win the match, its just the Aussie mentality we grow up with, although the likely result is a draw or an English victory. Watson will come back out and play his shots and I believe the aussie will be looking at a declaration at some stage providing quick wickets aren't lost.

I'm not to sure, it was Ponting stalling yesterday when the umpires were happy with the pitch. I think today is a huge day for the series. If England bowl as well as they can then they'll come close to winning it. Anyway I'm just setting off now, I'll report back. Look out for my Manchester england flag.

dannybcity said:
Aussie Blue said:

I'm not to sure, it was Ponting stalling yesterday when the umpires were happy with the pitch. I think today is a huge day for the series. If England bowl as well as they can then they'll come close to winning it. Anyway I'm just setting off now, I'll report back. Look out for my Manchester england flag.

Well I hope you have a horrible day at the cricket then!!!! haha :-P Go Aussies!!

Aussie Blue said:

The Australian over rate yesterday disagrees with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.