The official EDS and academy thread 2011/12

southern muppet said:
Joehannes said:
southern muppet said:
Spain under-19s are on Eurosport right now but I can see no Suarez (thought he got promoted to that level)
Suarez is on the bench. Many think he should be playing but it's testament to their quality

Ahh right, didn't watch it from the very start so didn't see the benches. That Delofeu is one hell of a player in the making, if Suarez is even half as good that'll do me.

How good is Rodriguez then?? He's the one with the hatrick.....

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Confused..so the EDS is effectively the reserves, and the youth is just the youth? WHich one plays to a higher standard?

EDS is the reserve team for those too old for U18s, eligible for U18s but considered too good (Suarez, Rekik), trialists, and anyone else (Tevez and Hargreaves played for them) but it is mostly youth-based.

So it goes U16s (the best receive scholarships) -> U18s -> EDS -> first team

The EDS is supposed at the higher standard but because some fool at the club pulled them out of the reserve league, last season was a nightmare... they crashed out of the NextGen tournament early and were left with friendlies and regional cups. This is likely the main reason why Welsh's head has rolled.

Speaking of which, hopefully the club can confirm we're back in the reserve league next season.

LoveCity said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Confused..so the EDS is effectively the reserves, and the youth is just the youth? WHich one plays to a higher standard?

EDS is the reserve team for those too old for U18s, eligible for U18s but considered too good (Suarez, Rekik), trialists, and anyone else (Tevez and Hargreaves played for them) but it is mostly youth-based.

So it goes U16s (the best receive scholarships) -> U18s -> EDS -> first team

The EDS is supposed at the higher standard but because some fool at the club pulled them out of the reserve league, last season was a nightmare... they crashed out of the NextGen tournament early and were left with friendlies and regional cups. This is likely the main reason why Welsh's head has rolled.

Speaking of which, hopefully the club can confirm we're back in the reserve league next season.

Ahh cheers, makes a lot more sense now

Last season the EDS were pretty average and didnt really excel in any competition they played in.To be fair they very often didnt play the strongest team they could but at the same time seemed to lack quality and direction.The performances in the european comp were really weak even though the opposition teams were stronger,older and played together more as a team.

The academy team (under 18's) also rarely played the strongest team they could but it did look like they would win their league until the last few games where we seemed to bottle it.

Having seen a fair number of games of both sides I wasnt ofetn excited at what was coming through.Some promising individuals but rarely did I feel good about the way the team played.

Recently though I was very impressed watching our under 16's ( or was it 15's) in Singapore.They might not have won the tournament but I liked the way they played and some of the individuals as well.My hope will be to see more of the young teams play that way and if that needs a change in who manages the EDS ( or whatever it gets called next season) then good.

We have been taking on some real talent so we need the best possible coach to bring them on.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
FantasyIreland said:
Erik Johansen has signed a new 3 yr deal

sigh.

Can't let all our keepers go! Taylor gone, Nielsen maybe/probably gone, if we got rid of Johansen, 16-year-old Angus Gunn would be our third choice. :)

The club rates Johansen from what I heard, don't you?

LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
FantasyIreland said:
Erik Johansen has signed a new 3 yr deal

sigh.

Can't let all our keepers go! Taylor gone, Nielsen maybe/probably gone, if we got rid of Johansen, 16-year-old Angus Gunn would be our third choice. :)

The club rates Johansen from what I heard, don't you?

every time we play United he cocks something up, doesn't come across as assured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.