The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City have completed the signing of Denzeil Boadu, who was released by Arsenal late last year.

The England youth international, who operates in an attacking role, will now link up with City's academy.

"They allow me to express myself on the pitch & the quality of everything is high this is why I've decided to sign for Manchester City," he wrote on Twitter.

Arsenal's decision to release Boadu in December was seen by many as a surprise.

He was released from Arsenal - with his release being extremely surprising for all those who follow the Arsenal youth scene. He is an attacking mid, England u16 international.

Could be big - nice to see another English talent join the academy. He says his first game for City will be in Italy when he joins the u17 squad for a tournament or something.

Edit: FantasyIreland beat me to it!

derekthedog said:
was his release also due to them having to pay spurs some compo for him?

Found this on his Twitter:

"Arsenal wanted me to leave school I said no then negotiations on my scholar were delayed I didn't agree and then left with permis"

Interesting flicking through his twits(that can't be right can it?).
Seems to have a seriously screwed on head for a 16 year old footballer.

3-2 half-time score against Crystal Palace. Guidetti, Boyata and debut goal for Fofana!

5 goals in 4 games for the Swede!

4-3 to Palace. So that's 11 goals in the last 4 games our EDS have let in now, we seem to sign plenty of nice midfield and attacking prospects but maybe we should do some work on our defence? Especially as Rekik isn't likely to play for the EDS much again.

LoveCity said:
4-3 to Palace. So that's 11 goals in the last 4 games our EDS have let in now, we seem to sign plenty of nice midfield and attacking prospects but maybe we should do some work on our defence? Especially as Rekik isn't likely to play for the EDS much again.
If the focus, at the moment, is solely developing players for the first team, then maybe they think we're covered in defence for a few years?
There's a few in our first team defence who could easily be around for another 5 years...

Kompany
Clichy
Richards
Nasty
Rekik
Nuhu
Boyata
(probably missed someone)

You can't stop trying to develop the best players in a position because you have top players at first team though. Look at Barcelona, they have midfielders in their B team who would probably get in some Premier League and La Liga sides. It's better to have a luxury of riches, you can at least sell them on (with clauses) then to help FFP and your academy's reputation.

Also I'd rate Boyata's chances here as below 5% now and I don't know where the hype for Nuhu has come from (maybe that YouTube video...), he's 21 (almost 22) and not even been loaned anywhere better than the Norwegian league yet, the same league Mohammed Abu was a star and has since gone on to struggle in La Liga, 2. Bundesliga, and Ligue 1. I'll be very (pleasantly) surprised if he winds up in the first team fray.

Only Rekik seems to have a chance IMO of those you listed who aren't already in the first team. Yet it seems we have tons of midfield and strike prospects. Maybe some better defensive prospects will come through the 16s and 18s like Tosin Adarabioyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.