The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did Lopes and Pozo perform? the match report doesn't tell anything about them, but did mention Suarez in a positive way multiple times :)

CTID101 said:
I think Mancini put Lombardo there just to spite Marwood.

I think we will see Lombardo move back to being one of the first team coaches and then U21 and below will be dealt with by Txiki mainly and Vieira etc.

If Mancini did that he should be sent packing and very quickly. Doubt he did though.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
CTID101 said:

I think we will see Lombardo move back to being one of the first team coaches and then U21 and below will be dealt with by Txiki mainly and Vieira etc.

If Mancini did that he should be sent packing and very quickly. Doubt he did though.
Well to me it looks like he didn't like Andy Welsh and there were rumors I am sure that he was the one leaking things to the press through Hughes so wanted him out.
Marwood may have assisted with that.

Why should he be sacked? he wanted his own men coaching the EDS. Nothing wrong with that and there was no guarantee that he was going to be a success or a failure.

CTID101 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
CTID101 said:

Well to me it looks like he didn't like Andy Welsh and there were rumors I am sure that he was the one leaking things to the press through Hughes so wanted him out.

Why should he be sacked? he wanted his own men coaching the EDS. Nothing wrong with that and there was no guarantee that he was going to be a success or a failure.

I was coming from the suggestion that Lombardo isn't a good coach but Mancini put him in anyway just to spite Marwood. If he did that he made a bad but deliberate mistake. Maybe he thought Lombardo was the right man and it was nothing to do with getting back at Marwood.In that case it was just a bad mistake.

CTID101 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
CTID101 said:

theres wanting your own men, who are good enough for the job, but mancini has just picked his mate. I still cant believe we got rid of cassel.

CTID101 said:
woahmark said:
CTID101 said:
Everyone goes on about Mancini not playing youth players and not giving them the chance. In my opinion they would have a better chance if they were ripping up trees in the u21 league.

Difficult for Mancini to play Razak, Suarez or Rekik etc when they are being beat every week. How can he justify playing them over Milner etc.
Razak doesn't play for EDS squad anymore. Rekik is on loan at Blackburn and not getting any minutes (and a minor reason why EDS aren't performing as well - missing his influence from the back) and Suarez's development has sort of stagnated - he needs a loan, something which he hasn't received. He'll be loaned out next season, hopefully.
They were bad examples but you get what I mean?

I know Rekik has been in and around the first team as is Razak. Suarez I agree needs a loan move but if no club wants him or we cant find one that would be worth while not much point.

Fair enough, I think plenty of clubs want Suarez but the club want to find the right club. No point sending him to Sheffield Wednesday when their playing style isn't suited to Denis'. They'll send him to a decent league too, like they did with Guidetti. Maybe a Feyernoord loan?

I can't see Suarez being loaned to a Championship, it just doesn't seem right.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
CTID101 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

theres wanting your own men, who are good enough for the job, but mancini has just picked his mate. I still cant believe we got rid of cassel.

Because our previous youngsters turned up so ready for the first team, such clever footballers, balanced mentally well ajdusted & great ambassadors for the club ?

This could be a good match to attend

03 May 2013 TBC N Manchester United Manchester Senior Cup

Any idea of where and when will take place?

Neville Kneville said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
CTID101 said:

Because our previous youngsters turned up so ready for the first team, such clever footballers, balanced mentally well ajdusted & great ambassadors for the club ?

a few ended up like that, but we produced players like sturridge, johnson- ( if fit would probably be in the first team, shame), trippier- who is being linked with arsenal. Richards, who have we recently produced at that level ??

I doubt even Cassell would be good enough for the standard we're looking for now. It's a whole new level, we need someone who has been there and done at a top club. Probably one of the Spanish academy overseers or what about a German? Germany is the new Spain for academy quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.