The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
I really dont rate Boaserts, he doesn't seem anything special to me.His new defensive compatriot however, Denayer, looks to have talent in abundance and is definitely 'one to watch' .

-- 13 Aug 2013 11:51 --

I really dont rate Boaserts, he doesn't seem anything special to me.His new defensive compatriot however, Denayer, looks to have talent in abundance and is definitely 'one to watch' .
Patty must rate him since he made him captain :) He is very young, he only turned 17 in the pre-season.

Bossaerts right now is our worst defender in the EDS setup - whether or not he can be coached to prevent his blatant deficiencies as a centre half time will tell as he is only 17 - but I haven't seen that base quality that the likes of Rekik & Boyata have so I would be surprised if he made it at City.

spinzer said:
Patty must rate him since he made him captain :) He is very young, he only turned 17 in the pre-season.

Fair comment and i didnt realise,being such a unit,that he is so young.

If his technique/ability catches up with his impressive physicality then he may well turn out to be a decent player.

Denayer looks more uncompromising than Rekik,but equally impressive imo,they may well compliment each other in a few tears.

mcfcdaytona said:
Gabby Fernando was one of the laziest players I saw playing in the U16s last season with little technical ability to compensate for that attitude. I would be totally gobsmacked if this lad made it in this country.

Have to agree with this, simply wasnt good enough in my opinion, the lads that got scholarships show a lot more promise. Quite excited about the U18s and U16s teams some good players, with many playing a year or two above there age. Most of them English as well

Nimely close to joining Wabara at Doncaster on loan, another we're apparently unable to sell so will loan out until their contract expires next summer. Wabara, Scapuzzi and Nimely - you'd think at least one would be sellable.

Nimeley is a strange one,some games he looks fantastic yet others he is anonymous...?

I can only think its more to do with attitude than ability as the lad is a genuine talent when he chooses to be,a real shame as he was touted as,and could have been,a future star.

Watched Razak for Ivory Coast against Mexico in the early hours. Looked out of his depth and he could not deal with the slick Mexican players. If he's to be a City first teamer, I think he is a few years off barring a Guidetti-esque loan. Still plays with the immaturity and rawness of a 16-year-old academy kid, but has undeniable talent and athletic ability. From what I've seen recently, Huws seems more solid and mature as a player already but Razak must impress someone at City as he's always on the fringes of the first team.

Razak is not good enough, simple as. If he was English he would have been turfed out ages ago.

Just watched the highlights from sundays game, good to see Pellegrini watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.