The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Hihosilva said:
Just watched the highlights from sundays game, good to see Pellegrini watching.

Along with Marwood and Kidd.

Must be a novelty having the boss watch them.
Mancini did this aswell with the first game for the EDS, lets wait and see if Pellegrini will actually watch more games :)

It was a tad tongue in cheek.....

I hope he does continue to attend these games as its so motivating for these kids to see light at the end of the tunnel,having the boss personally monitor your progress is as good as it gets.

I realise though that for any manager to spread himself so thinly will take some serious commitment and time management.

Nextgen series for this season has been cancelled. Well done Platini, looking after the future of the game again.

NextGen Statement - 16th August 2013

It is with regret that the NextGen Series has today announced it will be suspending the tournament for one season due to a lack of definite funding.

Over the past two seasons NextGen has played a major part in the development of European football and has enjoyed great success with many NextGen players including Celtic's Tony Watt, Villa's Gary Gardner and Ajax's Viktor Fischer progressing to their first teams.

Mark Warburton and Justin Andrews, Co-founders of the NextGen Series said:

"The level of support we have received from the football industry, media and fans has been magnificent and for that we are truly grateful. It is hugely disappointing that an event of this nature, designed to assist with the development of Europe's elite players, should have to take such action but we hope to be back next season with an even better tournament!"

Crying shame.

This was a fantastic competition which provided valuable experience to many youngsters.

Isn't there some new UEFA youth competition being brought in to rival the NextGen series?

Shame that with all the silly money flying around football these days and the increasing sponsorship creeping into the game, this competition can't finance itself.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Isn't there some new UEFA youth competition being brought in to rival the NextGen series?

Shame that with all the silly money flying around football these days and the increasing sponsorship creeping into the game, this competition can't finance itself.

Yes, UEFA are running a parallel U21 competition with the Champions League.

Which means that many of the clubs with the best youth set-ups are no longer involved, as it was with the NextGen Series.

THFC6061 said:

Which means that many of the clubs with the best youth set-ups are no longer involved, as it was with the NextGen Series.
such a shame

THFC6061 said:

UEFA's is called the Youth League and is U19s - Next Gen was now to be an U20s tournament - so 94s born payers would have played regularly in Next Gen - but will not in the UEFA Yth Lge

Interesting quote from Oliver Kay on the View from a Blue blog about any youth players stepping up this season.

Oliver Kay: From the conversations I’ve had, not really. I know there’s this long-term drive towards youth, but, from what I’ve been told, they’re thinking the following season will be the one where they start to bring more youngsters into the squad. The ones they really have high hopes for are in the under-18 or under-17 age group. Beyond the odd League Cup appearance, I don’t think we’ll see much of them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.