The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDS won 3-0 against everton. Lopes with a goal, and rusnak with a brace, impressive. Lopes has 3 goals in 3 games now #consistent :)

spinzer said:
EDS won 3-0 against everton. Lopes with a goal, and rusnak with a brace, impressive. Lopes has 3 goals in 3 games now #consistent :)

Lopes does have goals in him but I thought he was poor today overall.

Lopes wasn't great at Hyde a couple of weeks back but like you say he keeps digging out the goals so not all bad......

How did Fofana and Denaya(before injury) look?

Remember George King from our academy team? Released last year. He's joined Kent United FC in Kent's regional league. It's amazing and sad how fast some of these kids can go from playing in a top academy to obscurity. Apparently he failed to convince in trials at Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford and Bristol City. Hopefully he can work his way up the ladder, but this league is about the 10th tier of English footy.

Went to today's game and I thought we were comfortable against a very physical opponent.

Lopes was not particularly good today despite his goal. He pressed very well though.

Denayer looked good, very composed on the ball. He and his defensive partner; Plummer i think, can both pass the ball and spread play intelligently to the wings on several occasions.

Fofana looked good. He is a very physical presence with good pace, strength and control. He looks to have a bright future.

The two full backs played well; Leigh and Facey as did George Evans who showed good composure and passing ability throughout.

Ruznak was probably the star today. He scored twice of course but also showed a desire for the ball, making space for himself with intelligent running.

I miss being able to sit up in the top tier though where off the ball movement is so apparent. I suspect I missed some of lopes' work off the ball so I will not judge him below his usual high standard.

LoveCity said:
Remember George King from our academy team? Released last year. He's joined Kent United FC in Kent's regional league. It's amazing and sad how fast some of these kids can go from playing in a top academy to obscurity. Apparently he failed to convince in trials at Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford and Bristol City. Hopefully he can work his way up the ladder, but this league is about the 10th tier of English footy.

Hopefully people like Wabara who were the same generation as this lad might learn a thing or two from his demise.

FantasyIreland said:
Lopes wasn't great at Hyde a couple of weeks back but like you say he keeps digging out the goals so not all bad......

How did Fofana and Denaya(before injury) look?

I know some thought Fofana looked good today but I was a little disappointed.OK but nothing serious from him in terms of creating or driving at the opposition which I know he is capable of.

I don't think Denayer was tested much today as Everton was so poor in the first half and he went off fairly early in the 2nd.What he did was ok and he does look a decent prospect

Was Vlad Marin released? Twitter I know but Juventus fans on there believe that he's joining their reserves on a free.

The player himself just retweeted "I've heard that you're coming to Turin".

Joehannes said:
Was Vlad Marin released? Twitter I know but Juventus fans on there believe that he's joining their reserves on a free.

The player himself just retweeted "I've heard that you're coming to Turin".

Just done some Twitter searching and you seem to be right. Bloody hell, has he flopped so badly here? We paid a fair bit of money for him not long ago.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/juventus_fc_fan/status/372440710391160832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/juventus_fc_fan/sta ... 0391160832</a>

Update: Work permit problems according to Tutto Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.