The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Isnt Drury a left winger? and Henshall,where is he by the way??

Drury is a right winger (very right footed) and at times has even been played at right back.Definitely an attacking wide right player for me.

The two clubs are still at each other’s throats and in more ways than you would imagine. The new Catalan influence at Manchester City has brought a deep conviction that they, rather than Manchester United, must recruit all the best young local players and if evidence were needed of how much of an obsession that is, then you only had to talk to chief executive Ferran Soriano in the crowd as City’s Under-19s thrashed the Czech champions Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday morning.

“Too soon to know,” he said to the idea of whether any of this group could serve Manuel Pellegrini. He’s looking to the overwhelmingly Mancunian Under-14s and Under-13s – both English national champions last season – to break United’s stranglehold. People around the club will tell you that City in 1968 were the last team to win the league by fielding 11 Englishmen.

Yes please.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-v-manchester-united-david-moyes-the-merrier-as-new-men-take-up-old-rivalry-8830459.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 30459.html</a>

Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
Isnt Drury a left winger? and Henshall,where is he by the way??

Drury is a right winger (very right footed) and at times has even been played at right back.Definitely an attacking wide right player for me.
Thanks nelly.Any idea on Henshalls situation/status?<br /><br />-- 20 Sep 2013 23:34 --<br /><br />
LeemoMCFC said:
Henshall is on loan at Chesterfield.
Doh just seen this post.cheers

mcfcnorthstand said:
Reading today at Platt Lane U18 12pm

Liverpool Monday at EDS Hyde 7.00pm

U18s losing 0-2 after 30 mins

--

Lost 2-4 after getting back to 2-2

unexpected item said:
mcfcnorthstand said:
Reading today at Platt Lane U18 12pm

Liverpool Monday at EDS Hyde 7.00pm

U18s losing 0-2 after 30 mins

--

Lost 2-4 after getting back to 2-2

The scoreline really says it all. Neither team was real quality and it was weak defences more than anything contributing to the goals. I suppose we shouldn't complain about our team looking to pass the ball out rather than just hoofing it forward but when the plaeyers involves lack composure and quality on the ball it's just asking for trouble.

Too often for me O'brien the keeper passed it to a defender or midfielder who was quickly closed down and it created panic.Elan Assiani had a nightmare with his passing and tackling at the back and generally I thought we were a shambles all game trying to defend.Both the full backs can play but neither suggested to me they could defend well.

We had Horsfield in midfield who was ok but he also doesn't have the all round game to play in that role and apparently he is much better at full back.
Jorge Intima at right wing had one of those games where nothing much went right attacking and he was getting plenty of stick for his defensive work.He left at half time and McHale took his place.He was a bit better going forward (if only he could get his head up more) but not good defensively either.

Brandon Barker was the main threat down the left.Pacey and with quick feet ,he threatened quite lot but again needs to get his head up more.Ambrose and Bryan were involved but just never seemed to make anything happen.Boadu looked pretty good but again it was the end product that wasn't quite there. On 2 occasions he had a great shooting chance but chose not too.Baffling.

At 2.2 I half expected a draw but another poor challenge on the edge of the box gave a free kick away and a David Luiz lookalike scored with a freak in off a defender's head leaving the keeper stranded.

EDS v Liverpool tonight on Liverpool TV which is free on Virgin Ch 544 if you have the XL package.

It's also listed on the usual streaming sites as being on.

7pm KO

unexpected item said:
EDS v Liverpool tonight on Liverpool TV which is free on Virgin Ch 544 if you have the XL package.

It's also listed on the usual streaming sites as being on.

7pm KO
weak, uninspired performance from our eds yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.