The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome result today.

Tell me more about Samuelson please?<br /><br />-- 08 Oct 2013 18:04 --<br /><br />Ok,done a bit of digging myself......

15yr old Norwegian right midfielder.
We beat every fucker to his signature apparently and it seems with good reason!

SrilankanBlue said:
Jason Denayer picked for Belgium U19s! Well done lad, well deserved! :)
awesome, well deserved indeed. Seems we have some bright defensive talents!

salfordpaul said:
No way. Just a realist. I like Vierra and have faith. But having seen Roman & Suarez disapear back home and Razak sent just about as far away as possible and Rekik who I personally don't think will play another game for us go home (on loan) I've lost a bit of confidence in the youth system that's all. We lose quite clearly far too many games than we should or have ever done and I'm hearing Winning isn't important. I of course have trust in the experts and the CV of PV if you like but I'm concerned we are accepting 2nd best if winning isn't important. We are Man City. We have the tools this year to win the League again and at worst I'm greedy. I don't wanna draw with Exeter youth and lose to Chelsea and others. Aston Villa Rags anybody. I want to see the next young player in asap. Sadly it doesn't appear that he will be English nevertheless I want the next one and the follow up crew used to winning and learning in a no excuse environment ready to see us top of the pile forever. I've watched enough crap and took the defeats on the chin when we were crap. If the coach says winning isn't important then we can't blame players when we criticize them later in their careers when we say "he doesn't care" he doesn't love the club, he doesn't care whether we win or lose as long as he's getting his wages etc. It goes on and we need a learning and winning culture not a learning only culture. That is all.

This is exactly what is wrong with English football in general. Winning is not important. The aim of football is clearly to win, but that will come if you learn the game, the techniques and the philosophy. Young players are playing a style and system that will be part of the Manchester City way through all age groups up to the first team. They will learn how to control, pass and move and the importance of maintaining their faith in their own ability and in the philosophy of how they play. Billy big bollocks the CB and his pal Speedy Gonzales up front might be able to push them off the ball and run fast and they might win every game. But put them on the big stage where Bayerns and Barcas keep the ball, and play the purist's style of football and they will soon fall into a pit of players lacking technique that will play the rest of their days in the lower league. Look at our FA Youth Cup winning side, where are those players now??? Winning will come in time, it is not important right now. The players will still want to win and will get that strong mentality from the day they step out with the first team where it is part and parcel of what they do.

I've watched a fair few of the EDS/U-18s games over the last 2/3 years and was glad to see this thread - I've read through almost all 40 odd pages and here is my view:

The likes of Nimley, Evans, Bunn, Ibrahim and Scapuzzi are pretty much dust, I'm also close to saying Rekik (who I once held in such high hope) is also soon to join that list. If you look at the likes of Oxlaide-Chamberlaine, Balotelli, Coutinho, Reus, Varane, Lukaku and Oscar - All have been playing first team football (at a very good standard) since the age of 17.

What's going on with all these Ghanaian lads out on loan this season, when did we recruit so many? The only one I can remember is Godsway Donyoh (for obvious reasons), but a few of the others have gone completely under the radar.

I won't spend my time writing about Marcos Lopes - We all know how bright his future is and probably the stand out player in the Academy for the last 2 years. It should be a matter of time before he cracks the first team - If not, could it be the next Denis Suarez? I hope not!

I think Bytyqi looks a good addition and could see him, Lopes and Thierry Ambrose linking up (if Ambrose gets a few more starts in the EDS).

Angelino stood out above the rest against Bayern a few weeks ago and at 16, can only see him developing into a great player if he gets regular starts in the EDS (judging by his performance against Bayern I would be surprised if he doesn't). If he continues to give solid shows, expect him in the Squad for the FA Cup or League Cup in the next 12 months.

Mathias Bossaerts? I haven't seen him play this season (missed the 2 games he has played) but apparently a really decent prospect. Him and Denayer (who I have been really impressed with) at the heart of the defence for the EDS this season (we seem to have leaked a few silly goals of late), hopefully they will form a tight partnership.

Devante Cole is getting better and better - the comparison to Welbeck is unfortunate as I think he is a shower of...! Will Devante get a chance in the first team though? Whilst Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo and Dzeko (and Guidetti) are there, I don't see it happening. Another 2 or 3 years and a loan spell or two to wait yet.

Albert Rusnak - Anyone know the reason behind him coming back from his loan? Watched a lot of this lad last year and thought he looked really good, especially against Chelsea at the end of last season when he made a cameo appearance. Would like to know what the plans are for him over the next 8 months.

Prediction: Lopes to get a few starts or sub appearances throughout the season (no more than 5 or 6). Angelino to be the surprise package. Denayer to break through midway through next season.

Are you SalfordPaul in disguise?

Bit harsh on Rekik,currently out injured while playing for PSV,including a Champs league showing where he played Balotelli superbly,he's developing into a very capable,composed and athletic defender,he's not 19 till December.....so,while decent now,there's still plenty of time to become much better.

Rusnak's attitude was poor apparently,a typical case of believing he could run before he walked I believe.Reports suggested,on his very premature return, Viera informed him otherwise!

Youre correct about Denayer,an excellent talent who may well now be our best defensive prospect.

FantasyIreland said:
Are you SalfordPaul in disguise?

Bit harsh on Rekik,currently out injured while playing for PSV,including a Champs league showing where he played Balotelli superbly,he's developing into a very capable,composed and athletic defender,he's not 19 till December.....so,while decent now,there's still plenty of time to become much better.

Rusnak's attitude was poor apparently,a typical case of believing he could run before he walked I believe.Reports suggested,on his very premature return, Viera informed him otherwise!

Youre correct about Denayer,an excellent talent who may well now be our best defensive prospect.
Spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.