The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a case of 'players making it' that is the problem, I'm more concerned about these players making it at City.

I held Rekik in really high hope over last season or 2 and was hoping that he would be given a chance in the squad (over the likes of Demichellis).

No doubt that some of them will start making appearances here and there, but I just wonder how many of them will get quality, first team experience against decent opposition.
No disrespect to the clubs but I would be interested to know, what would be more valuable for the likes of Lopes, Rekik or Rusnak - Going out on loan to Bury or Oldham for the season and raking in 30+ appearances, or going on loan to someone in the Championship (or maybe even the Premier League) and making 15-20 appearances?

I would be more interested in the later.

No disrespect mate but asking a championship never mind a premier league team to take one of our youngsters and play them for anywhere near 15-20 games is a big ask.

By the looks of it the only options we had were to send Rusnak out to Oldham or Wabara to Doncaster. No one else wanted them.

Rekik got a move to PSV and he was doing very well until he got injured so he is an exception but then again he is also touted as being one of the gems of the academy.

wow, olivier ntcham really misses his homeland alot, that is easy to tell.
He hasn't really been playing under patty either hmm. What do you guys make of it?
Latest What's in a name featuring Olivier Ntcham.

Rekic is no gem of our academy. Never trained there, hardly played there, fast - tracked and propelled to senior football and bought for 2 million euros. In short I feel you have probably been at academy site more than him I guess. He is no academy gem. He has flirted with our first team and on his 3rd loan. He is good enough to be talked about as a developing first team player. He didn't even take his coat off at platt lane. Gems aren't bought in football. Gems are found and often cheap or for no money at all. 2million euros is not a gem it's an expensive punt. Somebody like Dennayor could be classed as a gem "hopefully" and any local we collect for free but 2 million gem??? I personally don't think so nor do I think he will ever play again in our first team. But Dennayor will IMO

salfordpaul said:
Rekic is no gem of our academy. Never trained there, hardly played there, fast - tracked and propelled to senior football and bought for 2 million euros. In short I feel you have probably been at academy site more than him I guess. He is no academy gem. He has flirted with our first team and on his 3rd loan. He is good enough to be talked about as a developing first team player. He didn't even take his coat off at platt lane. Gems aren't bought in football. Gems are found and often cheap or for no money at all. 2million euros is not a gem it's an expensive punt. Somebody like Dennayor could be classed as a gem "hopefully" and any local we collect for free but 2 million gem??? I personally don't think so nor do I think he will ever play again in our first team. But Dennayor will IMO

upbeat as ever

salfordpaul said:
All i can say is wait and see.
The only question now is how Rekik recovers from that injury, and if he can get into his old form which he was in before his injury, cause he was pure class. Ask anyone who watches Eredivisie.

CTID101 said:
No disrespect mate but asking a championship never mind a premier league team to take one of our youngsters and play them for anywhere near 15-20 games is a big ask.

By the looks of it the only options we had were to send Rusnak out to Oldham or Wabara to Doncaster. No one else wanted them.

Rekik got a move to PSV and he was doing very well until he got injured so he is an exception but then again he is also touted as being one of the gems of the academy.

I wasn't suggesting 'asking' them to play them, more of a play because they're good enough kind of thing. You look at some of the dross floating about in the premier league amd championship this seaon - Rekik could be a starter at someone like Derby, Bolton or even Sunderland or Palace, teams that have leaked goals this season. Same goes for Lopes, Nimley and Ibrahim.

Wabara has great potential. I think he was stand out for Oldham last season, and deserved his goal against L'pool which would have done good for his confidence. I think (if the contract talk is true) he will be there next season fighting for something.

Sorry mate but I think it says it all that none of those teams came in for any of those players, they are clearly just not that good.

I can't imagine the club rejecting any offers to take one of our lads on loan so the offers clearly didn't come in and we had to use our little black book to get Wabara out to Doncaster and Rusnak out to Oldham etc.

Rekik is an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.