Where do you stand on the issue?

• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
I had this season pencilled in as further consolidation and an expectation that we would be firmly established in the top six, and the vagaries of the cup competitions might work in our favour, you never know. Two seasons ago nobody, I suspect, had Cardiff and Portsmouth to be anywhere near the semis, apart from a few Cardiff and Pompey fans. So the cups are no more and no less than the football equivalent of the National Lottery. If we get there, we get there. It should not necessarily be a measure of our progress. Getting past the quarters would, though.

The media are fuelling the notion that with the infrastructure we have now and the money that has been made available and continues to be available,hopefully, we should be neck and neck with Chelsea. Well, if you didn't see the RentBoys at weekend . . . . . .

We are nowhere near. Saturday will be an interesting match. Last season we got a bit of a footballing lesson, even though the game at the Bridge was less so.

But people are falling for the hype.

Set our own targets, if we need targets, and judge ourselves.

I have as much idea about the game as the ex-pros and journos. I know what I want at City and I don't need those pillocks to set it out for me.

Out for me, we all want what's best for our club n the future would be alot brighter with a proven, more experienced coach who is familiar with bigger name players, plays a better style of football n has some kinda personality, I could go on, not been keen on the idea of Hughes n his buddies since things changed dramatically with the takeover but gave him a chance n he's failed.

Last season we all said he'd need time but a decent manager does'nt take over a decent premiership side, spend a hell of alot of dough n finish lower in the league n get knocked out of both cups to lower league opposition at the first hurdle.

It would be good if someone posts the figures before each match just so we can see what impact a win or a loss (or more likely a draw) has on peoples thoughts.

Must admit I'm quite surprised at the figures, I didn't think there would be that many that want him out.

I voted In FWIW, not that I have any great confidence that he is the man for the job. Just think that having given him the vote of confidence in the summer (which I disagreed with) it's only right that he get a decent opportunity to achieve the new goals for the club for this season. I think the only reason I'd change to out mid season would be if it became obvious we weren't going to achieve those goals, or it became apparent that a top notch alternative was available and interested.

We deserve to fall on our arses we used to have real humour, real banter, get a grip people and back everyone at the club for god sake

clairepartyring said:
Blue Hefner said:
No 'cos we keep hiring shit ones. The mistake was never in (or at least in the 20yrs ive been watching us) sacking the manager. The mistake was made in the hiring of them in the 1st place!
Where are all these manager now that we have sacked? Not 1 is doing anything that suggests we should have kept them

We never give them long enough, Liverpool, utd and Arsenal have proved that consistency, works?

They have had/do have good managers, that is why they stick with them. Frank Clark, should we have given in 10 more years? Or how about Keegan? Maybe Phil Neal should have been given longer?
Tell me which of our managers should we have kept in the last 20yrs? As I cannot see any of them proving us wrong

the goats backside said:
We deserve to fall on our arses we used to have real humour, real banter, get a grip people and back everyone at the club for god sake

We deserve to fail because some people think that we'll have more success with a different manager?

the goats backside said:

Why, when we believe the manager isn't the right man for the job, should we "back everyone at the club"? Blindly backing the club regardless is the perfect receipe for letting the club do whatever they like regardless of the consequences, the fans will always back them so where's the harm?

Were not run by amateurs they know what they are doing, did anyone seriously think we would finish top 4 this year, it takes time to make a team and changing the manager now gives the players the excuse to say we need another 12 months to bed in with players in and out. We have what we have and if we stick together success will come in the next few years

We are going the same way as we did last season, a good start with high hopes and then dropping away to nothing again. He has no idea how to change a game. COME IN SPARKY YOUR TIME IS UP. another 200 million and still not beating mediocre sides.

out now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.