• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Hughes in for at least 4 more years.
5 years total needed for him to develop a team and get it playing in his style. It always takes time, no-one gives it now. All top teams had time.

Chelsea had settled team with majority of players there for few years before mourinho.

Don't get carried away with foreign managers, anyone cud be successful at chelsea given the squad.

don't get carried away with mourinho, he left chelsea in a bit of disaray, and wouldn't stay here long term. hughes would.

just wait.

Re: Dead man walking?

I think we'll know as soon as Thursday morning. I remember reading articles pre-season regarding our ambitions for the season and the League Cup is far more significant than people may think. If the articles were correct, our owners see the League Cup as the one to get us up and running after 33 years, especially in a season without the demands of the Europa League.

The 'Chelsea Model' has been seemingly studied and it was this trophy which got them started after all the investment and we are expected to do similar. If we go out to Arsenal's (admittedly impressive) reserves then questions WILL be asked of Hughes and he may not be able to answer them satisfactorily.

On the the fence, but swinging looking at the outers garden and their grass look awfully green for this time of year.

Think the games coming up this month will make or break is tenure, A good month will see us in the semis and defintiely challenging top 4, and the draws suddenly dont look that bad in a 10+ game unbeaten run.

A poor end to the run od draws and I think Hughes will be a dead man walking till the end of the season and we will be looking to qulaify for Europha league.

Let's look at Saturday's result. Just the result. Not the performance. Hull had effectively one shot on goal - the penalty.

Fair Play in the Telegraph yesterday pointed to the fact that Hunt had tugged at SWP and we didn't get our pen.

The Observer thought that Joleoninho had committed the 'foul', not Kolo.

Micah informs us on OS that the ref said it was for the 'handball' that hit Joloeninho's hip. At the end of the match he has changed his mind.

Probert should not have awarded a penalty because no penal offence was committed. We had been done over with another fictitious penalty. (Is it our 'turn' for one tomorrow or Saturday?)

So, they don't score and we win 1-0.

There is then no need to call in all the points about team selection, player performance, subs used and when, luck or the absence of it, or any of the other ten thousand variables that might affect a result. Mind you it wouldn't stop some folk insisting MH get the Edward II treatment.

We win - completely different mindset. The performance becomes almost irrelevant. We win - three points.

bazbarrybazzer said:
Change the record.

it's not a case of "change the record" - i look at some of our players and feel that 100% isn't being given so am questioning whether they have lost faith in the management.

surely if we can see that 4-3-3 would work better for our side it is feasible that the players feel the same?

I voted for on the fence, but strangely, it looks like its swinging in the favour of Hughes in.

Quere, especially judging by all the negative posts...Interesting...

He has his targets this season , if he falls short he will be replaced but this kind of poll on the biggest site for city fans isn't helpful.
We have more than 20 games left and are 3 points off 4th, judge him in May

We have to stick with him...STABILITY.. STABILITY... STABILITY Is what we need right now. We need to prove we can come through bad patches together, not rip the place apart like the old days. I, for one have had enough of that shit. If we can get out of this drawing streak and start some winning, this period may prove to be a good thing In the end for club and fans alike. It would at least prove that the old panic sackings, and panic hirings of the past are gone for ever,not to mention some supporter patience. With what we have put up with over the decades this challenge should be a walk In the park!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.