• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
the goats backside said:
Correct me if i am wrong but were there not 4 players on saturday that started in Aug, not mentioning the previous January window. So to say sack Hughes is knee jerking of the highest order.

Hull are in the same boat, most of their side on the day were signed this year or last. And I've got to be honest, they looked more a team than us on the day as well (despite showing much less quality).

Only 6 points behind us too.

moomba said:
the goats backside said:
Correct me if i am wrong but were there not 4 players on saturday that started in Aug, not mentioning the previous January window. So to say sack Hughes is knee jerking of the highest order.

Hull are in the same boat, most of their side on the day were signed this year or last. And I've got to be honest, they looked more a team than us on the day as well (despite showing much less quality).

6 points, FFS.

moomba said:
levets said:
Morally: When it is clear he has failed to meet his objectives as per his brief from the owners. That is top 6.

Likely: If we struggle in the next 3 games, don't pick up over Christmas, and lose to Boro.. Then he will rightly be taken to task and in my opinion will be replaced.

I agree to an extent, particularly with whether or not it would be morally right to sack him while he is still very much in with a chance of achieving the objectives set for him. I would say thought that after 70 matches or so any decision made to sack Hughes will be a very carefully considered one.

I'm sure it would be a carefully considered one... they also need to consider whats going to happen to the whole coaching staff if Hughes goes..

You know my views on Hughes; but I think the time is coming.. he is definitely going to be 'on trial' now...

*WARNING* 99% on here are likely to disagree with this post!

Over the summer Hughes bought half a new team to add to the other half he bought at the end of last year, we started off the season well so everybodys heads went into the clouds and they started dreaming of winning the Premiership.

However, the bit that really annoys me is that these very people who thought this would happen were the ones at the time saying things like 'its early, theres still a long way to go!', 'we shouldn't get out hopes up yet' and my personal favcorite 'top 6 is our target, anything better is a bonus' etc.. They were playing the situation down and now when things aren't going our way they are ready to change manager!

So, to those people what exactly will changing the manager achieve? It will mean that we have wasted yet another season by sacking another manager and having to get another one in who then has to familiarise themselves with the club, it will also mean we are unlikely to achieve YOUR goal of top 4, so what then, you sack that manager as well?

I firmly believe that by Chirstmas/New Year Hughes will have the team sorted and his tactics and we will really be strong next year just as the likes of Villa, Tottenham etc..start to fade because their squads aren't good enough!

In summary, Hughes is a victim of his own success so far this season, people got used to us winning too early and now won't stand for anything less!

Re: *WARNING* 99% on here are likely to disagree with this post!

Victim of our success? When did that happen then and why did none of you bastards tell me.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Hughes is a victim of his own success so far this serason, people got used to us winning too early and now won't stand for anything less!

YCNMIU!

expectations have rocketed and this has led to impatience, most reactions seem to be kneejerk ones, people seem to forget we are just over a year into a ten year plan. If anyone had told me before the season that we would be in december having only lost one game I would have laughed my cock off.

moomba said:
the goats backside said:

If we only have to inject some element of playing as a team, I would suggest that would be the easy bit. Phil AutoTan would have a bugger of a job injecting any quality into the Hull side.

We've got the quality, we just have to start pulling the same way.

mcnil said:
expectations have rocketed and this has led to impatience, most reactions seem to be kneejerk ones, people seem to forget we are just over a year into a ten year plan. If anyone had told me before the season that we would be in december having only lost one game I would have laughed my cock off.

EXACTLY! Somebody at least gets it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.