Where do you stand on the issue?

• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Re: *WARNING* 99% on here are likely to disagree with this post!

Bojinov The Bull said:
So, to those people what exactly will changing the manager achieve?

It will mean we could get someone who can at least get basic tactics right.

Bojinov The Bull said:
It will mean that we have wasted yet another season by sacking another manager and having to get another one in who then has to familiarise themselves with the club

Wrong again even average managers could get more out of £200m worth of players.

Bojinov The Bull said:
I firmly believe that by Chirstmas/New Year Hughes will have the team sorted and his tactics and we will really be strong next year just as the likes of Villa, Tottenham etc..start to fade because their squads aren't good enough!

What a crock of shit MH just needs more time shite again he's had 18 months and were no better. How the fook do you know what players Villa or Spurs will sign in January to strengthen their squads? Once again your grasping at straws.

Bojinov The Bull said:
In summary, Hughes is a victim of his own success so far this season, people got used to us winning too early and now won't stand for anything less!

What fucking success?

Bojinov The Bull said:
Over the summer Hughes bought half a new team to add to the other half he bought at the end of last year, we started off the season well so everybodys heads went into the clouds and they started dreaming of winning the Premiership.

However, the bit that really annoys me is that these very people who thought this would happen were the ones at the time saying things like 'its early, theres still a long way to go!', 'we shouldn't get out hopes up yet' and my personal favcorite 'top 6 is our target, anything better is a bonus' etc.. They were playing the situation down and now when things aren't going our way they are ready to change manager!

So, to those people what exactly will changing the manager achieve? It will mean that we have wasted yet another season by sacking another manager and having to get another one in who then has to familiarise themselves with the club, it will also mean we are unlikely to achieve YOUR goal of top 4, so what then, you sack that manager as well?

I firmly believe that by Chirstmas/New Year Hughes will have the team sorted and his tactics and we will really be strong next year just as the likes of Villa, Tottenham etc..start to fade because their squads aren't good enough!

In summary, Hughes is a victim of his own success so far this season, people got used to us winning too early and now won't stand for anything less!
When you sign a player it's only to audition him for a while to see if he's any good, changing a manager isn't going back to square one. They'll keep the good stuff and ditch the chaff. Chelsea have had a few managers lately but it hasn't stopped them improving even.

blueinsa said:
mcnil said:
expectations have rocketed and this has led to impatience, most reactions seem to be kneejerk ones, people seem to forget we are just over a year into a ten year plan. If anyone had told me before the season that we would be in december having only lost one game I would have laughed my cock off.

It is a 10 year plan to transform the whole of the club into a worldwide brand/force maybe, to suggest that Hughes has got 10 years to make us successful is folly.

Tell me this, why does every player to a man virtually state that the aim for this season is top 4 and anything else will be seen as a failure?

where did i say hughes has 10 years to sort it out? All I am saying is we arent in as much of a mess as some would have us believe. Personally I predicted top six this season, top four would be mint. When the run of draws comes to an end will tell us how we have or have not progressed, 2 or 3 wins on the bounce would condem the run of draws to history and we would be "undefeated since september", a couple of losses and it will be "city havent won since september".

Thankfully, our owners have shown themselves so far to be calm people, who take thoughtful, logical decisions and don't respond to every disappointment with the hot-headedness of some fans.

Bojinov The Bull said:
SambaMike said:
I am part of the 1%.

Glad to hear it SambaMike!
Your OP is bang on. The first few games made all the fans get giddy and expect miracles this season. I you had offered me before the season began that at the start of December we would be 7th place, 4 points behind 3rd place with a game in hand over most of the teams above us, only one defeat all season and have a Carling Cup Quarter Final I would have snapped your hand off.

KenTheLandlord said:
blueinsa said:
It is a 10 year plan to transform the whole of the club into a worldwide brand/force maybe, to suggest that Hughes has got 10 years to make us successful is folly.

Tell me this, why does every player to a man virtually state that the aim for this season is top 4 and anything else will be seen as a failure?

Because it appeals to the Hughes out mob. Owner, chairman, club officials, manager, coaches, players and non - Hughes out fans are all ignored as they are perceived to have no idea what they are doing.

The collection of bankers, bakers, candlestick makers and taxi drivers that make up the mob of Hughes out, are all clearly football experts. Too good as experts to be fair, as non of them are employed by a football club and they rely on the theory that flying in planes for 20 years makes them pilots, because they can see what goes on.

Well i suppose time will tell as to who is right or wrong wont it! Now i ask you again, why do the players feel that top 4 is the goal or are they too making it up?

Lets put it this way, if we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton, everyone will think Hughes is the saviour again!

This bandwagon that just like to complain all the time will fall apart and everyone will think he's the right man for the job again!

Everyone will say no way, i want him out no matter what but that isn't the case at all!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Over the summer Hughes bought half a new team to add to the other half he bought at the end of last year, we started off the season well so everybodys heads went into the clouds and they started dreaming of winning the Premiership.

However, the bit that really annoys me is that these very people who thought this would happen were the ones at the time saying things like 'its early, theres still a long way to go!', 'we shouldn't get out hopes up yet' and my personal favcorite 'top 6 is our target, anything better is a bonus' etc.. They were playing the situation down and now when things aren't going our way they are ready to change manager!

So, to those people what exactly will changing the manager achieve? It will mean that we have wasted yet another season by sacking another manager and having to get another one in who then has to familiarise themselves with the club, it will also mean we are unlikely to achieve YOUR goal of top 4, so what then, you sack that manager as well?

No that's not it.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Lets put it this way, if we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton, everyone will think Hughes is the saviour again!

This bandwagon that just like to complain all the time will fall apart and everyone will think he's the right man for the job again!

Everyone will say no way, i want him out no matter what but that isn't the case at all!

that's a fucking big "if".

Do people that want Hughes out actually say it for the betterment of the club or just want to be proved right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.