The Official Meltdown Thread

buckshot said:
To me the good news is that the mistake that was made won't happen again, and you really have to give credit to Blackburn, they stepped up and made the plays when they had to.

I didn't know you had a crystal ball, have a look and see what tonights lottery numbers are going to be.

buckshot said:
To me the good news is that the mistake that was made won't happen again, and you really have to give credit to Blackburn, they stepped up and made the plays when they had to.
What the big hoof 36 times? And long throw ins - forgot

Ducky_ said:
buckshot said:
This doesn't make sense, there isn't a team out there with the same excuses. Why don't these problems cause Chelsea and Arsenal to play poorly?

Blackurn had 6 players away on internationals. We had the talent to win the game no doubt, but Blackburn are never an easy side, all the top teams struggle against them.

We should have won and we had more than enough chances to win the game. This is football, the best team doesn't always win.

I agree, but the "they had so and so players with midweek games" and "City has injuries" excuses will be able to be used almost every week. With Europe and two Cups they will have TONS of midweek games and injuries will always be there. Either they can play through these "hardships" or they're no better than previous years.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:13 pm --<br /><br />
haller said:
buckshot said:

I didn't know you had a crystal ball

That wasn't so much a physical mistake, it was mental. They're to good to fuck up that bad again.

Guys take solace in the fact that Manu fans will be feeling just as bad as you if not more today.

I can't quite believe the people moaning about Silva not playing.

The Europa game against Timisoara is a great example of why he isn't ready to start yet. I was baffled after reading that matchday thread at how well everyone thought he had played. All i saw was a half fit man making bad decision after bad decision with the ball, and that was in a game where he was under little pressure, which was played at a training game pace.

He isn't sharp enough to start yet, and Mancini obviously knows this from seeing him day in day out in training. He probably won't start hitting the ground til around November time, which is normal for a player who missed a chunk of pre-season because of a World Cup where he got very little playing time.

Today we were unlucky. We created some decent enough openings. We should have had a penalty and their goal came from a bad mistake by us. We're not always going to steamroll teams at home just because we have the better squad/starting 11. I'm as gutted as the next man, but it's football, it happens.

We're not going to win the league this season, so we need to be in the mix for 3rd/4th, and we probably will be for most of the season.

Spurs drew with West Brom and lost to Wigan last time out. Liverpool were lucky to beat West Brom, Newcastle beat Villa 6-0, Everton have made a very poor start. Only really arsenal and Chelsea have started well. United haven't done badly, although they've had some pretty straight forward games. It's a long season. We'll be alright.

Played quite well, without being brilliant I thought. A bit dissapointed that Silva didn't get to start and Yaya and Milner were poor but it is early days yet.

ono said:
I can't quite believe the people moaning about Silva not playing.

The Europa game against Timisoara is a great example of why he isn't ready to start yet. I was baffled after reading that matchday thread at how well everyone thought he had played. All i saw was a half fit man making bad decision after bad decision with the ball, and that was in a game where he was under little pressure, which was played at a training game pace.

He isn't sharp enough to start yet, and Mancini obviously knows this from seeing him day in day out in training. He probably won't start hitting the ground til around November time, which is normal for a player who missed a chunk of pre-season because of a World Cup where he got very little playing time.

Today we were unlucky. We created some decent enough openings. We should have had a penalty and their goal came from a bad mistake by us. We're not always going to steamroll teams at home just because we have the better squad/starting 11. I'm as gutted as the next man, but it's football, it happens.

We're not going to win the league this season, so we need to be in the mix for 3rd/4th, and we probably will be for most of the season.

Spurs drew with West Brom and lost to Wigan last time out. Liverpool were lucky to beat West Brom, Newcastle beat Villa 6-0, Everton have made a very poor start. Only really arsenal and Chelsea have started well. United haven't done badly, although they've had some pretty straight forward games. It's a long season. We'll be alright.

If you think just keeping pace with Spurs is good enough after the investment in the squad in the last couple of years then you're tripping because it just isn't.

To be honest, today wasn't a great performance. In fact, you'd struggle to call it a good performance. It was an average performance. I thought the players didn't look happy, but then I'm not sure how they could look happy with poor Tevez so fucking isolated for so much of the match...

The Silva situation is a baffling one. Jo gets on the fucking field before him? Nah, that's a truly garbage decision.

Things may well pick up, and you're right in that this result isn't the end of the world. However it's depressing beyond belief to see Mancini revert to (negative) type...

Mancini is piss poor, get him to fuck out. Milner, what a fucking joke he is and Barry is League 1 at best.

Absolute disgrace, at least under Pearce there was some passion in the side. I can't relate to these players, this club is not Manchester City anymore.

Its Mancinis and Cooks playmate XI.

DISGUSTED

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.