The Official Meltdown Thread

BillyShears said:
ono said:
I can't quite believe the people moaning about Silva not playing.

The Europa game against Timisoara is a great example of why he isn't ready to start yet. I was baffled after reading that matchday thread at how well everyone thought he had played. All i saw was a half fit man making bad decision after bad decision with the ball, and that was in a game where he was under little pressure, which was played at a training game pace.

He isn't sharp enough to start yet, and Mancini obviously knows this from seeing him day in day out in training. He probably won't start hitting the ground til around November time, which is normal for a player who missed a chunk of pre-season because of a World Cup where he got very little playing time.

Today we were unlucky. We created some decent enough openings. We should have had a penalty and their goal came from a bad mistake by us. We're not always going to steamroll teams at home just because we have the better squad/starting 11. I'm as gutted as the next man, but it's football, it happens.

We're not going to win the league this season, so we need to be in the mix for 3rd/4th, and we probably will be for most of the season.

Spurs drew with West Brom and lost to Wigan last time out. Liverpool were lucky to beat West Brom, Newcastle beat Villa 6-0, Everton have made a very poor start. Only really arsenal and Chelsea have started well. United haven't done badly, although they've had some pretty straight forward games. It's a long season. We'll be alright.

If you think just keeping pace with Spurs is good enough after the investment in the squad in the last couple of years then you're tripping because it just isn't.

To be honest, today wasn't a great performance. In fact, you'd struggle to call it a good performance. It was an average performance. I thought the players didn't look happy, but then I'm not sure how they could look happy with poor Tevez so fucking isolated for so much of the match...

The Silva situation is a baffling one. Jo gets on the fucking field before him? Nah, that's a truly garbage decision.

Things may well pick up, and you're right in that this result isn't the end of the world. However it's depressing beyond belief to see Mancini revert to (negative) type...
It's not goood enough to base our season around keeping pace with Spurs, but after 4 games it's hardly the appropriate time to press the panic button. I've seen enough in the 4 games to suggest we are a better side than last season and that's at a point where we're missing a lot of players and we still have players settling in.

It's individual errors that are costing us, not Mancini.

Tevez should have scored vs Sunderland. Toure and Hart messed up today.

Keown said:
Mancini is piss poor, get him to fuck out. Milner, what a fucking joke he is and Barry is League 1 at best.

Absolute disgrace, at least under Pearce there was some passion in the side. I can't relate to these players, this club is not Manchester City anymore.

Its Mancinis and Cooks playmate XI.

DISGUSTED
"Waits for all the 'rag' posts"

Keown said:
Mancini is piss poor, get him to fuck out. Milner, what a fucking joke he is and Barry is League 1 at best.

Absolute disgrace, at least under Pearce there was some passion in the side. I can't relate to these players, this club is not Manchester City anymore.

DISGUSTED

THIS is the type of post that annoys me. I don't mind people questioning the performance, the manager, the players and the club when it's based on some evidence or facts. When it's just spouting shit it's ridiculous.

Keown said:

DISGUSTED

Well if you`re NOT happy,you can always piss off over to Trafford or Stockport !!

Keown said:

DISGUSTED

Barry was world class after he came on. Did nothing wrong at all.

Cheesy said:
Keown said:

DISGUSTED

THIS is the type of post that annoys me. I don't mind people questioning the performance, the manager, the players and the club when it's based on some evidence or facts. When it's just spouting shit it's ridiculous.

Yep, ridiculous post. Milner is gonna be a quality signing. We gave them a bit of a hiding today, created a few good chances but didn't get the win. All things considered; new players, international games, injuries etc it was a pretty good performance.

Having said, the top four is now the priority rather than winning the league. I really thought we had a chance at the start of the season but not so much now, Chelsea are strong and over the season we'll lose too many points in games like the last two.

ono said:
It's not goood enough to base our season around keeping pace with Spurs, but after 4 games it's hardly the appropriate time to press the panic button. I've seen enough in the 4 games to suggest we are a better side than last season and that's at a point where we're missing a lot of players and we still have players settling in.

It's individual errors that are costing us, not Mancini.

Tevez should have scored vs Sunderland. Toure and Hart messed up today.

I'm not panicking. I'm saying that I don't think the performance today was good enough. The team selection today wasn't good enough. The tactics today weren't good enough. Of course, those are all intangibles. It's really easy to blame the dropped points on individual errors as those are tangible.

LoveCity said:
Keown said:

DISGUSTED

Barry was world class after he came on. Did nothing wrong at all.

Since when was doing nothing wrong equal to world class?

RAG

Keown said:

DISGUSTED

So is this post...........Isn't it?

Mancini defenders are conveniently forgetting that the title was one of his stated objectives. "get ready to win the league" he told Milner. 4 games in and it looks beyond us already. The fact that we have so soon shifted the goalposts to top 4 as the goal is disappointing. If RM doesn't get his act together and if Liverpool do, we'll have a right battle on our hands for what was the MINIMUM objective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.