The OFFICIAL moan about the Adebayor song thread [MERGED]

Re: FAO: Fans that went to pompey RE: Adebayor chant

maineroad68 said:
I'd like the Club to do something about this an eject the idiots who sing this- and bring this matter to a much needed end.

But they can't eject anyone becasue its not racist or homophobic - if it was dont you think they would.

The song sung about Jason Lee back in the 90's about having a 'pineapple in his head' was racist, it refered to a hair style popular with young black men at the time. It eneded his career, but why know one ever deemed that racisit is a mystery.

alls that is needed is for this to get through to the people who are singing it , once they know that people dont really like it and it pissing people im sure they will stop, we need groups of people to start singing the alternatives and then the shit one will be forgotten.

Re: Words to Ade song at Pompey?

What about:

Adebayor bayor!
He came from a team thats poor!
Now watch him score goals galore!
Adebayor bayor!!

Better I reckon

you cant sing anything these days...can someone please explain to my why its racist?

The songs stupid, everyone knows that but so are most football chants. It's what being a blue use to be about, getting on the lash, having a laugh (including signing stupid songs) and getting behind the boys.

Now most of you just go to slate are fans and players while refusing to sing anything thats not good enough to reach number 1 in the charts

ConnorMCFC said:
you cant sing anything these days...can someone please explain to my why its racist?

Why are you singing about the size of his c*ck? It is a stereotype that has racial undertones. I am not going to argue about the strictest definition of 'racist' but the song is in bad taste. He is one of our own and deserves so much better.

its not rascist but is a racist stereotype - different things

however it is embarrassing, really embarrassing, not the usual inoffensive humour we come up with

the thing that gets me most though is that it's classless, and that just what everyone now thinks we are coz of all our money - we're providing ammunition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.