The Official Run In Thread (merged)

Re: What results do you think we need to win the league

Must win games are Swansea (a), Sunderland (h), West Brom (h), Norwich (a), Wolves (a), QPR (h).

10 points from Chelsea (h), Stoke (a), Arsenal (a), Newcastle (a), and the derby won't decide the title whichever way it goes. That'll do wonders for my nerves.

Beat united we win it, simple as that in my view

Ja Salford Blue said:
from our 12 games to go i think 9 wins (as long as one of them is against them lot) might just do it.

lets say we won 9 (including against them) drew 2 & lost 1 that would give us 92 points

They would then have to win all their 11 other games to win the league

what does anyone else think?

this is starting to drive me mad now!

One game taken at a time, is the mentality that Mancini keeps talking about. Focus on every game.

Beating Man Utd is like the 6 pointer to finish it...

If Balotelli would just focus and not be out late it would help get 19/19 home wins...<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 am --<br /><br />By the way does anyone keep track of injuries on that physioroom website? City are doing something they never used to..... Keeping injuries to nil or minor injuries...

Are we lucky or now have the best medical team?

Look at Man Utd and Arsenals injury lists and it looks like they are desperately struggling to keep up with us this year...!

What results do you think we need to win the league

Some of those fixtures coming up on paper look daunting...Chelsea,Arsenal,Stoke. What I will say is that none of those teams will relish playing us. Chelsea are all over the place and are there for the taking, Arsenal are appallingly bad at the back(even a shit dippers strike force could have had 5 against them yesterday) deal with RVP and you stop them and Stoke have been very hit and miss at home this season, I would certainly back our boys against them at the Brittania given the way they offered nothing in attack at our place, even with the home fans behind them. If United lose today it will be a huge ask for them to keep up with us, Spuds will be fired up to get last weeks derby defeat out of their systems hopefully, only downside is Parker is suspended for the game. All the pundits seem to be saying the rags have the experience of these run ins, but our boys seem to have hit top gear again te last 4 or 5 games and look confident going onto the pitch eater than the nervous souls the papers are saying we will be. Yesterday we won at a canter without getting out of 2nd gear, and with our main playmaker and top goalscorer sat on the bench having a rest!

The Premier League is almost impossible to correctly forecast a batch of games as was proven when a similar thread was done before playing Sunderland, United and Liverpool and not one person correctly guessed that we would lose all three.

We need to take one game at a time and hope United drop points along the way. The Derby game could be one the biggest games in the history of Manchester City Football Club and could go either way. The 6-1 game is already history and will count for nothing going into the Derby so its one game at a time for me and hope Spurs are up for it today.

Both teams will drop unexpected points - this is football after all. The big picture is: they have a slightly easier program, we have a much better team. Keep our heads cool and it's ours. Easy.

Besides today vs spurs I just cann't see anyone causing them any troubles other than us.

Ive got a horrible feeling they will pip us tot he title as

The games against chelski and arsenal for us will be pivotal and ones we could certainly drop points in.

I just cannt see anyone beating utd except us

God I hope I am really really wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eastlands oasis said:
Some of those fixtures coming up on paper look daunting...Chelsea,Arsenal,Stoke. What I will say is that none of those teams will relish playing us. Chelsea are all over the place and are there for the taking, Arsenal are appallingly bad at the back(even a shit dippers strike force could have had 5 against them yesterday) deal with RVP and you stop them and Stoke have been very hit and miss at home this season, I would certainly back our boys against them at the Brittania given the way they offered nothing in attack at our place, even with the home fans behind them. If United lose today it will be a huge ask for them to keep up with us, Spuds will be fired up to get last weeks derby defeat out of their systems hopefully, only downside is Parker is suspended for the game. All the pundits seem to be saying the rags have the experience of these run ins, but our boys seem to have hit top gear again te last 4 or 5 games and look confident going onto the pitch eater than the nervous souls the papers are saying we will be. Yesterday we won at a canter without getting out of 2nd gear, and with our main playmaker and top goalscorer sat on the bench having a rest!

This^
We are playing like we did at the start of the season again. In the last 2 weeks 5-0 would not have been an unfair scoreline. 90 points does it as long as we don't lose to united.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.