The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 2/5/10 9pm

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 13:00 (2/02)

Defensive Targets: Giorgio Chiellini, Cristian Ansaldi, Jérôme Boateng & Simon Kjaer.

Transfer In: Chiellini, Boateng, & Ansaldi.
Transfer Out: Slyvinho, Garrido.

Start: Richards, Kompany, Chiellini, Lescott.
Bench: Toure, Boateng, Bridge, Ansaldi, Onuoho, Zabaleta, & Boyata.

Comment: This would provide Mancini with a number of excellent combination choices and the depth to withstand 2-3 injuries at a time. I think Lescott should be sloted in at left back as he tends to play better when he is able to move further up the pitch and get involved in setpieces. Toure obviously would not always be on the bench as he is an excellent veteran presence but I think a Kompany-Chiellini combo in the middle would be difficult for any team to break down and having Jerome Boateng as the back up would provide increadible depth at the center back possition. Hopefully Richards and Onuoho can continue to develop into useful right backs with Ansaldi being devolped as our future left back. In the event a Maicon or a Dani Alves type player was available I would obviously jump at the opportunity as there are only 4-5 players at that level in the world.

Midfield Targets: Juan Mata, Javier Pastore, Yohann Gourcuff & Sergio Canales

Transfer In: Pastore.
Transfer Out: Petrov, SWP, Robinho.

Start: Ireland, De Jong, Barry, A. Johnson.
Bench: Viera, Weiss, Pastore, M. Johnson, Ibrahim.

Comment: The question mark will be whether or not Mancini can find a way to incorporate Ireland into the squad. I think pastore is a realistic target and could provide a creative midfield presence City lacks as he has the requisite skill, size, and strength to be something special in the EPL. Adam Johnson has developed nicely so far and Barry and De Jong have formed a nice partnership in front of the back 4.

Foward Targets: Bojan Krkic, Mario Ballotelli, Sergio Aguero & Romelu Lukaku, Cordozo.

Transfer In: Cordozo.
Transfer Out: Santa Cruz, Jo, & Benjani.

Start: Adebayor, Tevez.
Bench: Bellamy, Cordozo, Bojinov, Caicedo, Ball.

Comment: I don't think much needs to be done other than to trim the fat off the front line. Cordozo would be a better player off the bench than Santa Cruz as he is younger and less injury prone. Jo and Benjani carry no value on a team striving for Champions League success. An Aguero or Bojan would be excellent aquisitions and provide cover for Bellamy given his history of knee problems and the reality that he only has 1-2 years left in the tank.

Project Starting XI:
GK: Given
RB: Richards
RCB: Kompany
LCB: Cheillini
LB: Lescott
RCDM: De Jong
LCDM: Barry
RM: Ireland
LM: A.Johnson
CF: Tevez
ST: Adebayor

Bench: Toure, Boateng, Ansaldi, Onuoha, Bellamy, Pastore, Weiss, Cardozo.

FUManUtd said:
these are the transfer i would like to see this sumer.

in:
torres
fabregas
lahm
arda turan
yaya toure
gerard pique

OUT: and maybe use some of these players to bring the above players in.
garido
RSC
sylvinho
vieria
robinho
petrov
lescott
jo
boijinov

...........torres.....tevez
Arda...fabregas...toure...johnson
lahm...pique..toure..richards
..............heart/given

subs:
heart/given
adebayor
ireland
berry
onuoha
de jong
zabaleta
bridge
bellamy
SWP
kompany

Is this a Championship manager 2010 thread?

aaron not being funny mate.. more an observation but you come across in your posts as very contoversial and almost to the point of trolling other blues.

Are you actually a city fan or a fan of another club posing as a city fan?

aaron91 said:
Is this a Championship manager 2010 thread?

wtf are you talking bout, that lineup is very much possible. we have the money and we are playing in champions league. next season we are shooting for the title and CL. so why wouldnt we be able to get these players.
lahm wouldnt be a problem, just offer some money to bayern and they will sell.
torres wouldnt be a problem, he already said if liverpool doesnt play in CL(which we know they wont) than he will leave.
fabregas, venger will definitely sell as he always does when alot of money is offered.
toure, barcelona have expressed their willingness to sell him, he doesnt even start anymore.
pique, he might be the most difficult, but im sure barca will sell him for the right price.

The Fixer said:
aaron not being funny mate.. more an observation but you come across in your posts as very contoversial and almost to the point of trolling other blues.

Are you actually a city fan or a fan of another club posing as a city fan?

Check his posts mate. Rag deffo.

Doesnt even know our songs.

aaron91 said:
Honestly, can we cut all the shit on here. We're not going to be signing Rooney, Messi, Torres, Fabregas, Gerrard, Ronaldo or whoever else just because we finish fourth. It won't actually help our transfer prospects that much! teams like FC Thun and Standard Liege do also play in the Chumps league. Why don't we focus on realistic targets we may 'actually' obtain e.g. Di maria, , Dzeko, Hazard, Sergio Aguerro?

Along these lines please? Instead of just trying to buy every ballon d'or nominee

The way I see it, on the world wide scale we're still perceived as a small club, therefore we should not be wasting time pursuing world class performers in their prime as they will only play for Europe's elite. Instead we should be chasing down players like Aguero, Hazard etc. because then when they come good in the next 2-3 years they can replace our current team who are good enough bar one or two.
Agreed, one step at a time.

THE NEWS CESC FABREGAS!!!!
we should go after him

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrhrNpwBh8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrhrNpwBh8</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3oQuPqM2-w&feature=fvst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3oQuPqM2-w&feature=fvst</a>

Most Trukish players are over rated and Sahin is nothing like Fabregas.

Robinho's_thumb said:
Most Trukish players are over rated and Sahin is nothing like Fabregas.

really? and how is that?
so mesut ozil is also overated?
please dont be dumb. sahin became the youngest player to play and score in bundesliga at the age of 16, and now he is 21 and undisputed starter at broussia dortmund. he is a class player. have you ever even watched this kid play? probably not. not to mention, he is 2 years younger than fabregas, you will see im in a couple of years what kind of player he will develop into.
you will see these "overated" turkish players under the helm of Guus Hiddink when EURO 2012 qualifications start.

I'm just sick of hearing how good Turkish players are.

Turks seem to flock to english speaking forums and say how amazing their young players are. It's very annoying.

I'm not saying Ozil is over rated, I just get tired of hearing how amazing players like Turan, Sahin etc are. Give it a rest please.

I don't have anything against turks btw. :) If it were Welsh people doing this I would be just as annoyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.