The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 2/5/10 9pm

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 13:00 (2/02)

Let go off theses players in the summer:

Shaun wright phillips: just not good enough anymore,he is losing his pace more and more each day that goes by,very one dimensional and seems to be full of himself thinking he is worth an increase when he is not even worth what he is on right now. 10m pounds .

Ireland: i remember saying he would be a one season wonder because defenders would have to start marking up a lot more this season as he was always forgotten about because they were focussing on robinho and he was so shocking each time against any of the top four last year. 8m pounds

Toure finished,the man has never been what you call a good defender,yes he is courageous but depends too much on his pace to get himself out of trouble but he is losing that pace anyway,doesn't deal well with high balls and never seems to read the game well for me,well behind kompany and lescott even richards and onuhoa are better. 8m pounds.

Ade if we can get a top striker like villa,dzeko someone who can stop being sent off but works his socks off but is a much better finisher. 15m pounds.

Petrov,lost most of his pace because of his injuries and is too selfish and doesn't track back enough but is a bottler and he is so easily bullied by any player with a little of physicality. 7m pounds.

Buy these players:

Eden hazard young,quick,very good dribbler but has a very mature way of playing for someone of his age,would be great buy and allow us to play both bellamy and tevez up front. 18m pounds.

Aaron lennon especially if we get champions league football as he is what shaun was 3 years ago but better and if he can regains his fitness then we should try and bring him here as it would also weaken spurs,he is exactly what we need,pacy,tricky and has added great crossing ability to his play.

Being only 23 years with us going places he would be here for the next 7 years and not leave us like shaun did.

Aly cissokho of lyon he is what you call the new beginning of left back,built like a american football player,quick and very good going forward,has been putting in sublime performances for porto and has continued to do for lyon,his age is also a good thing as he is only 23 years so good for the future.

Bring back joe hart to keep shay on his toes.

Outs
Stuart Taylor - We've got this new Colombian keeper David Gonzales Giraldo who I reckon could do much better than Taylor.
Kolo Toure - Lescott and Kompany are looking pretty good at the moment, and if we get Champions League, we could probably bring someone like Mexes or Chivu in.
Patrick Vieira - He hasn't done what was intended of him. He shows shades of quality at times, but he ultimately lets the team down. He'll move on to a coaching role at the club.
Stephen Ireland - As much as it pains me to say it, he's not living up to the heights he did last year. To get to where we want to be, we need someone consistently quality.
Martin Petrov - Can pull out brilliant performances when he wants, but he hardly ever wants to. Time for him to go. Adam Johnson is looking perfectly capable of being our left winger.
Shaun Wright-Phillips - Something just isn't the same about him, last season he was immense... but this season he's just losing it. Be it passion or desire. His dad isn't helping at all.
Felipe Caicedo - Surplus to requirements really, which is a shame, as he had potential.
Jo - Unfortunately, he'll be sold. It's a shame, since I think he deserves the chance to adapt.
Benjani - Simply not good enough anymore.
Roque Santa Cruz - Mark Hughes' 'amazing' signing. He's done nothing but be crocked by injury and then when he is fit, not live to the expectation. Time for him to go, we have much better.

Other players to leave: Vidal, Logan, Etuhu and Weiss.

Ins
Robinho - Back from loan. He should stay. He is capable of being one of our star players. He just needs the games to do it, and to be put in the right position. Stick him just behind the two forwards and I think he'll be best there.
Valeri Bojinov - If we can sway him back from Italy, we should. He's in my opinion better than Benjani, Roque Santa Cruz or any other backup striker we have combined. Like Jo and Robinho, he just needs games.
Phillipe Mexes - Great defender, and experienced in the Champions League. I can see him being one half of a defensive pairing in the Summer window, alongside...
Cristian Chivu - Another great defender, and one Mancini signed for Inter. He can also play left back and defensive midfield. I think him and Mexes would be very good together.
Cristian Ansaldi - Sooner or later, he will join us. With Bridge plagued by injury, Sylvinho getting on a bit (a lot), and Garrido either being very poor, or simply brilliant... we need a new left back, and Ansaldi is just the man. He is young, and impressed hugely for Rubin. I can see him being as influential to us, as Arshavin is to Arsenal, although in a different respect.
Neymar - A great young Brazilian striker, playing alongside Robinho at Santos. If Neymar comes to City, I can see Robinho coming back. They'd fit in well with the team.

Now for a player I'd like to join, but probably won't happen.
Elano - We should bring him back, it was a mistake to ever sell him. In the current team, Elano would be godly. Earlier on I said Robinho could be the one to sit behind the front two, well Elano could sit just behind Robinho. Or even compete for Robinho's place. Bring him back!

Thoughts?

We're being linked with Kader Keita by Sky today, I was posting on MEN about him 18 months ago. Nice to see they come round to my way of thinking eventually, if this is a Mancini target my hopes are high for the sort of talent he's bringing in.

Neil McNab said:
We're being linked with Kader Keita by Sky today, I was posting on MEN about him 18 months ago. Nice to see they come round to my way of thinking eventually, if this is a Mancini target my hopes are high for the sort of talent he's bringing in.

Maybe if they like Jo.....who knows.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Neil McNab said:

Maybe if they like Jo.....who knows.
Shouldn't that have been an IF!

mcfcswinburn said:
Outs
Stuart Taylor - We've got this new Colombian keeper David Gonzales Giraldo who I reckon could do much better than Taylor.
Kolo Toure - Lescott and Kompany are looking pretty good at the moment, and if we get Champions League, we could probably bring someone like Mexes or Chivu in.
Patrick Vieira - He hasn't done what was intended of him. He shows shades of quality at times, but he ultimately lets the team down. He'll move on to a coaching role at the club.
Stephen Ireland - As much as it pains me to say it, he's not living up to the heights he did last year. To get to where we want to be, we need someone consistently quality.
Martin Petrov - Can pull out brilliant performances when he wants, but he hardly ever wants to. Time for him to go. Adam Johnson is looking perfectly capable of being our left winger.
Shaun Wright-Phillips - Something just isn't the same about him, last season he was immense... but this season he's just losing it. Be it passion or desire. His dad isn't helping at all.
Felipe Caicedo - Surplus to requirements really, which is a shame, as he had potential.
Jo - Unfortunately, he'll be sold. It's a shame, since I think he deserves the chance to adapt.
Benjani - Simply not good enough anymore.
Roque Santa Cruz - Mark Hughes' 'amazing' signing. He's done nothing but be crocked by injury and then when he is fit, not live to the expectation. Time for him to go, we have much better.

Other players to leave: Vidal, Logan, Etuhu and Weiss.

Ins
Robinho - Back from loan. He should stay. He is capable of being one of our star players. He just needs the games to do it, and to be put in the right position. Stick him just behind the two forwards and I think he'll be best there.
Valeri Bojinov - If we can sway him back from Italy, we should. He's in my opinion better than Benjani, Roque Santa Cruz or any other backup striker we have combined. Like Jo and Robinho, he just needs games.
Phillipe Mexes - Great defender, and experienced in the Champions League. I can see him being one half of a defensive pairing in the Summer window, alongside...
Cristian Chivu - Another great defender, and one Mancini signed for Inter. He can also play left back and defensive midfield. I think him and Mexes would be very good together.
Cristian Ansaldi - Sooner or later, he will join us. With Bridge plagued by injury, Sylvinho getting on a bit (a lot), and Garrido either being very poor, or simply brilliant... we need a new left back, and Ansaldi is just the man. He is young, and impressed hugely for Rubin. I can see him being as influential to us, as Arshavin is to Arsenal, although in a different respect.
Neymar - A great young Brazilian striker, playing alongside Robinho at Santos. If Neymar comes to City, I can see Robinho coming back. They'd fit in well with the team.

Now for a player I'd like to join, but probably won't happen.
Elano - We should bring him back, it was a mistake to ever sell him. In the current team, Elano would be godly. Earlier on I said Robinho could be the one to sit behind the front two, well Elano could sit just behind Robinho. Or even compete for Robinho's place. Bring him back!

Thoughts?

Doing ok until your comments re Bojinov... Boj is NEVER going to be good enough

If and I mean IF... we coould temp Barca, how much do you think we would have to pay for Ibrahimovic. my guess is £70,000,000 but my mate thinks. £100,000,000

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Anyone who thinks we should get rid of SWP and Ireland is clueless.

Why ? Are you happy with just competing for forth spot n just bein in the champions league? We deserve the best we have the best owners best fans WE ARE MAN CITY the only team in manchester n by bringin in better players than the average ones we've got the whole world will realise who we are n fear us. THATS WHAT EVERY CITY FAN SHOULD WANT not settlin for average neither of em would walk into Chelski's or Arsenals team therefore they are not good enough GOOD BYE<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:16 pm --<br /><br />
A_Bluemoon_Rising said:
If and I mean IF... we coould temp Barca, how much do you think we would have to pay for Ibrahimovic. my guess is £70,000,000 but my mate thinks. £100,000,000

Why would we want him? he's an overated lazy shite that plays when he can be bothered........ Anelka ring any bells? We want up and coming players that are starting to prove their worth at the top level not premadonnas

2Daroot said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Anyone who thinks we should get rid of SWP and Ireland is clueless.

Why ? Are you happy with just competing for forth spot n just bein in the champions league? We deserve the best we have the best owners best fans WE ARE MAN CITY the only team in manchester n by bringin in better players than the average ones we've got the whole world will realise who we are n fear us. THATS WHAT EVERY CITY FAN SHOULD WANT not settlin for average neither of em would walk into Chelski's or Arsenals team therefore they are not good enough GOOD BYE
Yeah true, I mean Belletti, Kalou, Ferreira, Sturridge, Alex, Deco, Eboue, Bendtner, Silvestre, Song, Eduardo, Djourou, Campbell, etc. would all walk into our team.

It's not FM, it's real life, you can't buy 23 world class players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.