The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 2/5/10 9pm

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread

Hope this thread gets updated soon, found it really useful last transfer window.

For the record, here's where I think we are up to if case it saves you a bit of
time ono, but there are so many rumours that it's changing hourly. I've probably got a load wrong but I think it might help just a little, if not no harm done I hope.

In the meantime, I'd suggest keeping an eye on Robbo.'s thread here:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=176133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=176133</a>

IN

Rossi

Being touted today in the papers as interesting a lot of English clubs currently.

Verdict: Agent talk at present

Milner

£20m bid officially rejected, suggestion is that Villa will sell for £25/30m.

Verdict: Likely we will go back with an improved offer

Boateng

Deal suspected to have been done, with suggestion of an announcement once the players contact with Hamburg runs out in early June.

Verdict: Very likely.

David Luiz

Us vs Real Madrid for this Brazilian defender.

Verdict: It's all gone quiet

Aleksander Kolarov

Probably an alternative to Luiz if that one does not happen.

Verdict: Unclear

Torres

Apparently a £70m Barca target.

Verdict: Imo, he's Barca bound or staying scouse.

Ribery

Cryptic clue from Zin 'messiah' Zimmer suggested we have signed him already. Backed up by TH and Ajay.

Verdict: Nothing out in the open yet, but an interesting one!

Gerrard

Latest is that he was given a deadline to make a decision and it didn't go in our favour. Or that it's already agreed in principle, take your pick.

Verdict: ???

Tiberio Guarente

Tribalfootball linking him to us, Atalanta midfielder.

Verdict: Who?

Ibrahimovic

Widely suggested to be joining us in a striker merry-go-round between City, Barca, Valencia and Liverpool.

Verdict: No idea as not been keeping tabs on this one. Doesn't fit with Mancini's 'young and hungry' policy but is a known favourite from his Inter days.

Di Maria

Had been widely reported in April and early May that we had an interest along with Real. Now the unsubstantiated suggestion is that Real wan to cut a deal with us to drop out of the race in return for a pop at the next guy on the list...

Kaka

Suggestion that he woudl be made available to us for stepping back from Di Maria and possibly Luiz.

Verdict: Cloak and dagger stuff, unlikely imo. Once bitten twice shy.

Balotelli

Papers were reporting that this explosive character was to reunite with Mancini, but seems to have since kissed and made up at Inter.

Verdict: Unlikely

Joe Cole

Rumours of interest from many top clubs as his contact comes to an end at Chelsea. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer suggests we have already tied him to a deal.

Verdict: Nothing concrete, but would expect us to be at least enquiring about an England international if the opportunity arises.

Hamsik

A clear Mancini favourite, suggestions of a large bid being turned down already by Napoli but no news from the club or player.

Gourcuff

L'Equippe suggesting we are in for him along with Arsenal.

Verdict: Nothing concrete unfortunately

Alexis Sanchez

Posted in our transfer forum that we are in for this Chilean winger. No HP given.

Verdict: Unsubstantiated.

OUT

Onohua

Everton and Spurs supposedly interested and his words on Soccer AM have fuelled speculation about an exit on the cards. Suggestion of him being used as a make weight in the Milner deal with Villa.

Ireland

Clearly unhappy at the lack of first team football. Despite rumours of a Liverpool or even Man U coming in for him, no actual evidence of interest and Mancini has suggested both he and SWP are still wanted at the club.

SWP

Newcastle apparently interested, player is supposedly unhappy on £60k a week and wants more. Wouldn't get it elsewhere and Mancini has aid he is still wanted at City.

Verdict: If he goes, it won't be to Newcastle that's for sure.

Robinho

Suggested that Milan are in for him in a cut price deal. Also the possibility of using him in a swap deal, possibly at Benfica if he would be interested.

Verdict: Whilst not a disaster if he stays, seems clear that Roberto would prefer to explore the options that moving him on would bring.

Bojinov

Wants to stay at Parma, club seem to want to keep him here too.

Verdict: No official movement yet, but could be on the cards.

Bellamy

Supposedly already boozing with Dodgy 'Arry and ready to swap us for them because he doesn't get on with Mancini.

Verdict: Time will tell I guess. 'Arry thinks he's a triffic player no doubt.

Santa Cruz

Suggested that he has been used in part-ex for Boateng with Hamburg.

Verdict: If the Boateng info is correct, we should know early June.

I think that's it for now - didn't bother to add Fabregas, he's Barca bound only it seems.

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 20/5/10 - 14:02

Could someone please explain this Boateng deal for me?

I don't get why if we're paying 11million for him, we're waiting to his contract is up at Hamburg to announce him. And to be honest I don't get why we're paying 11million if his contract is up early next month.

Sorry, it's probably alraedy been explained but I can't be arsed trawling through 50odd pages.

Cheers

ayrshire_blue said:

I don't get why if we're paying 11million for him, we're waiting to his contract is up at Hamburg to announce him. And to be honest I don't get why we're paying 11million if his contract is up early next month.

Sorry, it's probably alraedy been explained but I can't be arsed trawling through 50odd pages.

Cheers
Good point actually. Wonder if it's some kind of milestone that passes which means he can officially negotiate with other clubs? Or are we compelled to pay a fee because he's a youngster?

ayrshire_blue said:

Cheers

As far as I was aware Boateng isnt actually out of contract at the end of this season but had just not agreed to fresh terms with HSV and has said he wants to move on. He does have an £11M release clause in this current contract which is why we are reported to be paying this figure.

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread

bluetonium said:
Hope this thread gets updated soon, found it really useful last transfer window.

For the record, here's where I think we are up to if case it saves you a bit of
time ono, but there are so many rumours that it's changing hourly. I've probably got a load wrong but I think it might help just a little, if not no harm done I hope.

In the meantime, I'd suggest keeping an eye on Robbo.'s thread here:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=176133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=176133</a>

IN

Rossi

Being touted today in the papers as interesting a lot of English clubs currently.

Verdict: Agent talk at present

Milner

£20m bid officially rejected, suggestion is that Villa will sell for £25/30m.

Verdict: Likely we will go back with an improved offer

Boateng

Deal suspected to have been done, with suggestion of an announcement once the players contact with Hamburg runs out in early June.

Verdict: Very likely.

David Luiz

Us vs Real Madrid for this Brazilian defender.

Verdict: It's all gone quiet

Aleksander Kolarov

Probably an alternative to Luiz if that one does not happen.

Torres

Apparently a £70m Barca target.

Verdict: Imo, he's Barca bound or staying scouse.

Ribery

Cryptic clue from Zin 'messiah' Zimmer suggested we have signed him already. Backed up by TH and Ajay.

Verdict: Nothing out in the open yet, but an interesting one!

Gerrard

Latest is that he was given a deadline to make a decision and it didn't go in our favour. Or that it's already agreed in principle, take your pick.

Verdict: ???

Tiberio Guarente

Tribalfootball linking him to us, Atalanta midfielder.

Verdict: Who?

Ibrahimovic

Widely suggested to be joining us in a striker merry-go-round between City, Barca, Valencia and Liverpool.

Verdict: No idea as not been keeping tabs on this one. Doesn't fit with Mancini's 'young and hungry' policy but is a known favourite from his Inter days.

Di Maria

Had been widely reported in April and early May that we had an interest along with Real. Now the unsubstantiated suggestion is that Real wan to cut a deal with us to drop out of the race in return for a pop at the next guy on the list...

Kaka

Suggestion that he woudl be made available to us for stepping back from Di Maria and possibly Luiz.

Verdict: Cloak and dagger stuff, unlikely imo. Once bitten twice shy.

Balotelli

Papers were reporting that this explosive character was to reunite with Mancini, but seems to have since kissed and made up at Inter.

Verdict: Unlikely

Joe Cole

Rumours of interest from many top clubs as his contact comes to an end at Chelsea. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer suggests we have already tied him to a deal.

Verdict: Nothing concrete, but would expect us to be at least enquiring about an England international if the opportunity arises.

Hamsik

A clear Mancini favourite, suggestions of a large bid being turned down already by Napoli but no news from the club or player.

Gourcuff

L'Equippe suggesting we are in for him along with Arsenal.

Verdict: Nothing concrete unfortunately

Alexis Sanchez

Posted in our transfer forum that we are in for this Chilean winger. No HP given.

Verdict: Unsubstantiated.

OUT

Onohua

Everton and Spurs supposedly interested and his words on Soccer AM have fuelled speculation about an exit on the cards. Suggestion of him being used as a make weight in the Milner deal with Villa.

Ireland

Clearly unhappy at the lack of first team football. Despite rumours of a Liverpool or even Man U coming in for him, no actual evidence of interest and Mancini has suggested both he and SWP are still wanted at the club.

SWP

Newcastle apparently interested, player is supposedly unhappy on £60k a week and wants more. Wouldn't get it elsewhere and Mancini has aid he is still wanted at City.

Verdict: If he goes, it won't be to Newcastle that's for sure.

Robinho

Suggested that Milan are in for him in a cut price deal. Also the possibility of using him in a swap deal, possibly at Benfica if he would be interested.

Verdict: Whilst not a disaster if he stays, seems clear that Roberto would prefer to explore the options that moving him on would bring.

Bojinov

Wants to stay at Parma, club seem to want to keep him here too.

Verdict: No official movement yet, but could be on the cards.

Bellamy

Supposedly already boozing with Dodgy 'Arry and ready to swap us for them because he doesn't get on with Mancini.

Verdict: Time will tell I guess. 'Arry thinks he's a triffic player no doubt.

Santa Cruz

Suggested that he has been used in part-ex for Boateng with Hamburg.

Verdict: If the Boateng info is correct, we should know early June.

I think that's it for now - didn't bother to add Fabregas, he's Barca bound only it seems.
Cheers for your efforts mate. Very useful. :-)

ribery has agreed a new five year contract with munich, to be signed before the cl-final. according to the german newspaper bild.

I think the James Milner verdict of "Quite likely" is a tad optimistic. It seems there will be competition from Chelsea and the rags, and in view of that, and the fact that he's still very young, and doesn't need the money, I reckon that unless the City England contingent have a word in his shell like, I'd be concerned he'd be going to one of those two...

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 21/5/10 - 21:02

Thing is Chelsea already have Lampard, Essien, Mikel and Maluda to accomodate in midfield. Thats assuming they let Deco, Joe Cole and Ballack leave (Personally I cant see them letting ALL of those players go)

Realistically I cant see Chelsea signing him and certainly not for £30 million and £90k a week, even if they wanted him would he want to go there with all those midfield players to accomodate - Parker / SWP round 3 springs to mind.

As for the rags well yes I am sure they would love him with Scholes and Giggs at the end of their careers and Fletcher and Carrick being well shit really for a top 4 side anyway...

But with their debts how the **** could they afford to pay £30 million for him let alone those wages.

Taggart has already said they cant really afford to sign anyone else this season.

This is before we get to the main iussue - Milner has already said he would never go to the rags due to the Leeds connection and him being a life long leeds fan....

Really it comes down to if he wants to leave (Which it seems he does) and who is going to offer the biggest fee and wages + decent prospect of trophies in comming years. I would suggest we are in a decent position with these factors in mind.

We should get it done before the worldcup though or his value could go through the roof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.