The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

fbloke said:
stony said:
Oh shut up you patronising twat. How fucking dare you suggest that because people don't want Rooney they also don't want success.
You post some shit on here but that post has the biggest smell of all.

Perhaps you have missed the point that I made.

I read your post thoroughly and read it again to be sure. No surprise that your response was patronising too.

Well i tell you what then if and its a big IF,we buy Rooney,lets all tell our owners to fuck of you dont know what your doing,take your money and piss off else where with it

fbloke said:
I have been keeping myself busy for a while as I fear I may explode with frustration, anger and more than a little disappointment.

I am disappointed with a lot of Blues over this and it seems that there isnt really a 'type' of Blue who is coming out against him signing, which is unusual.

Its not the young uns or old uns or season ticket holders or never get to gamers. Its a mix of all of 'em saying 'no i dont want him'.

But it seems to me we now have a fully formed litmus test for football sanity.

Anyone who says they dont want him here will likely not be the type of fan that I and other with a contrary opinion will ever be happy together.

I want BIG things from City, I want BIG success, BIG finals, BIG crowds in a BIG stadium sat in the middle of a BIG developed East Manchester.

I want us to feel BIG, see BIG and dream BIG.

Anyone who doesn't wan't Rooney as a footballer playing for City is, in my humble opinion a ickle City fan, or if you rearrange those words it becomes clearer, a fan of an ickle City!
Haha, If you mean I won't be rolling out the red carpet treatment before he even signs then your right, I'm a little city fan who believes, we were a big club before the takeover always have been and we don't specifically need Rooney to progress.

Darren Bent last season hit some commendable form.

Now, if his form this season was like Rooney's, i will be skeptical of buying him too.

My decision is based on a player's form and professionalism with management. It has little to do with him being a rag. In fact im more worried about Tevez's reaction as he has been our talisman of late.

I dont want rooney purely for the fact that he commands a high pricetag for a diminishing form. If his reaction to his management is like now on the pitch, who is to say that he wont react the same way the moment we bench him for our in form Tevez?

I believe that we will become big with Mario and Tevez and co. I will only see rooney feasible if we can get him cheap.

The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

stony said:
fbloke said:
Anyone who says they dont want him here will likely not be the type of fan that I and other with a contrary opinion will ever be happy together.

I want BIG things from City, I want BIG success, BIG finals, BIG crowds in a BIG stadium sat in the middle of a BIG developed East Manchester.

I want us to feel BIG, see BIG and dream BIG.

Anyone who doesn't wan't Rooney as a footballer playing for City is, in my humble opinion a ickle City fan, or if you rearrange those words it becomes clearer, a fan of an ickle City!

Oh shut up you patronising twat. How fucking dare you suggest that because people don't want Rooney they also don't want success.

I don't want Rooney. I would of had him if it was the one leaving Everton 6 year ago not a granny shagger or a hoar getter smoker boozer. You see I would of had him but he brings to much baggage. If he carried on doing this when at City the press would have a feel day! bottom line is our club is bigger than Rooney. Let just say if he did come I'd get behind him like every other blue shirt.

stony said:
fbloke said:

I read your post thoroughly and read it again to be sure. No surprise that your response was patronising too.

I dont think it was patronising and I dont mean it to be read that way.

I was simply making the point that if Rooney the footballer isn't wanted then that is something I cannot agree with.

Chippy_boy said:
stony said:

Thanks for posting this. Saved me the job.

I might add, some people just don't seem to get it. There are some things that are just not right.

How about we buy the whole Chelsea team for £1bn and then win everything every year? No thanks. *We* wouldn't be winning anything.

Or how about we take Bacon face as our manager? No f***ing thanks.

Or what about we buy the swamp for its extra seating capacity and we make that our stadium. No f***ing way.

Some things are just NOT ON. Irrespective of whether they might work football-wise.

Rooney playing for us is JUST NOT ON.

Or lets put it another way:

instead of merely trying to emulate the success of Manchester Ushited (but in our own way), we could just become them instead.....

anyone who can't see that we don't need Rooney to achieve our goals hasn't been looking at the bigger picture recently

Did the project grind to a halt when we didn't get Kaka? Or Terry? Or Eto'o?

fbloke said:
stony said:

I have highlighted the relevant bit and quote it here 'Anyone who doesn't wan't Rooney as a footballer playing for City' - I make a very clear distinction between him as a footballer and him as a person.

I have said a few times since the news broke that I feel less than happy with him as a person.

That is why I hoped that making the 'footballer' comment would keep it to that element.

I dont have a problem with the badge kissing and City have done nothing yet stuff thats just an extension of football banter.

I personally have issues with him as a person but I have to accept that others who will know more than us on here will weigh up the pro's and cons and make the right decision.

But as I said, as a footballer you must be mad to say no.
Haha, you make it out like we're signing Messi here. This is a bloke that hasn't scored from open play in 7 months. Where's the guarantee that he'll regain his form from last season? Who's to say it isn't all downhill for him from here? Get a grip man, he's on the verge of being dropped from the England team. There are better players out there.

fbloke said:
I was simply making the point that if Rooney the footballer isn't wanted then that is something I cannot agree with.
No, you were not making that point. You were saying anyone who doesn't want Rooney doesn't want us to be a big club.

My opinion, and that of many others, is that we don't need him to be successful. Christ, the way some of you lot are going on about you'd think that no team anywhere has ever won anything at all without the man.

carrconormcfc said:
fbloke said:

I have highlighted the relevant bit and quote it here 'Anyone who doesn't wan't Rooney as a footballer playing for City' - I make a very clear distinction between him as a footballer and him as a person.

I have said a few times since the news broke that I feel less than happy with him as a person.

That is why I hoped that making the 'footballer' comment would keep it to that element.

I dont have a problem with the badge kissing and City have done nothing yet stuff thats just an extension of football banter.

I personally have issues with him as a person but I have to accept that others who will know more than us on here will weigh up the pro's and cons and make the right decision.

But as I said, as a footballer you must be mad to say no.
Haha, you make it out like we're signing Messi here. This is a bloke that hasn't scored from open play in 7 months. Where's the guarantee that he'll regain his form from last season? Who's to say it isn't all downhill for him from here? Get a grip man, he's on the verge of being dropped from the England team. There are better players out there.

Well there are very few players that we should go for in this way and Rooney is one of them.

But I know have to take the next Messi to training so will will log back on for more abuse when I get back!

Forza Connor!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.