The official We want rooney at city thread!

inGavious said:
Questions you need to answer are:

Will Man Utd sell to City? (if anyone says they did with Tevez, need slapping as they didn't own him)

Yes, they need money, we have it. If Rooney wanted to force the issue, he could do using the Webster ruling and they'd get fuck all; they won't run the risk

Will City hand over the £50m - £80m to our closest and fiercest rivals in the City and in possible trophies?

He has 18 months left, he'll go for half of that. But yes, we will, as was shown in the Terry and Torres bids.

Would Tevez benefit having Rooney here as he didn't when he was with Rooney at Utd?

They won the the Champions League and Premiership together. Wish we could see that as 'not benefiting'. Along with Ronaldo, they were the bedrock of that team. There's a reason why United fans called them the Holy Trinity.

Is Rooney's move request born purely for money, not for football reasons?

I neither know, nor care.

Is he worth the risk? For all Fergie's and United's arrogance, if they cant give a player what he needs rather than what he think he deserves, can any other club?

Because Mancini isn't a 70 year old man who has built his management style on a completely different version of football? Because maybe he just has a clash of personalities? But yes, an immense talent like him is always worth the risk.

Or has Rooney finally given up with the national attention on his playing and private life and thinks a move abroad will take him and his missus out of the media glare?

I don't know, it's certainly a possibility.

One thing that puzzles me is the way that United have publically announced this and at this point in the season. with 2 months till January, is it feasible a deal has already been done with either Madrid, City or Chelsea and are giving the rags fans time to get used to it and not land it on them in January?

Interesting thought. I think that Rooney's camp forced the issue and they HAD to respond, otherwise they would look like idiots. They also needed United fans to stop putting pressure on the team by chanting his name when he wasn't playing.

inGavious said:
Questions you need to answer are:

Will Man Utd sell to City? (if anyone says they did with Tevez, need slapping as they didn't own him)

Will City hand over the £50m - £80m to our closest and fiercest rivals in the City and in possible trophies?

Would Tevez benefit having Rooney here as he didn't when he was with Rooney at Utd?

Is Rooney's move request born purely for money, not for football reasons?

Is he worth the risk? For all Fergie's and United's arrogance, if they cant give a player what he needs rather than what he think he deserves, can any other club?

Or has Rooney finally given up with the national attention on his playing and private life and thinks a move abroad will take him and his missus out of the media glare?

One thing that puzzles me is the way that United have publically announced this and at this point in the season. with 2 months till January, is it feasible a deal has already been done with either Madrid, City or Chelsea and are giving the rags fans time to get used to it and not land it on them in January?

Does Mancini want him is the biggest question, I would have thought.

Damocles said:

They won the the Champions League and Premiership together. Wish we could see that as 'not benefiting'. Along with Ronaldo, they were the bedrock of that team. There's a reason why United fans called them the Holy Trinity.

sorry i meant the way Tevez felt he was pushed out of United cos he didnt get playing time with Rooney in the front of the queue. not the way they play together, cos i think they are great in the same line up.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am --<br /><br />How about a new Holy Trinity of Tevez, Rooney and Torres?? now that just gets me moist thinking about it :D

14mqhrl.jpg

like it :)

i actually cannot believe people can possibly want wayne rooney at city, the very thought of it makes me absolutly sick

Tueart1976 said:
I want him at City just for the psychological impact it will have on the Rags!

no problem with selling your soul them , the only way we could beat them is by signing there players? fuck that, iv only just got over the anger at the way we sold dunne if we signed rooney i would live my life as a husk of myself

JonnyQuest said:
Tueart1976 said:
I want him at City just for the psychological impact it will have on the Rags!

no problem with selling your soul them , the only way we could beat them is by signing there players? fuck that, iv only just got over the anger at the way we sold dunne if we signed rooney i would live my life as a husk of myself

facepalm.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.