mcfc%20kippax.ashx
Holte End, Villa
In an Fa cup semi i think?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Holte End, Villa
In an Fa cup semi i think?

Yes, as Gary James said too.
I was in the oter end, The Witton End, mix fans, 2/3 Blue, 1/3 Ipswich but no hassle at all. Remember the sight of the Holte End being split and after the goal was scored, the City half all scarves and flags being waved as the picture shows and the Ipswich fans just no colours at all. Hairs on the back of the neck job.... half of me wanted to be in there, theo other half glad I could see it with my own eyes.

mad eye, i was in there as well,what a great day.remember stopping off at an outdoor somehere in brum onthe way home and pillaging a load of tennants,with birds in bikinis on the cans.then getting dropped off on the height in salford but on the boozers were shut.

One thing I loved about the Kippax was being able to go the whole length of the pitch from one end to the other, and watch City at both ends, unless the away section was filled still those were good days, myself and my dad use to do that a fair bit, till we got our season tickets for the North Stand...

Will never forget my first game. Schalke European cup winners cup semi final, Night game 10 years old. Walking up them steps at the back of the kippax. Reaching the summit to see the floodlit pitch looking so green. The noise of the Kippax full to capacity. Don’t think I managed to see much of the game being so small. But the atmosphere was enough to convince me. City won 5:1 I knew needed to return again and again. I was sold forever

gangerolv said:
maineroadkippaxstand.jpg

-- Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:52 pm --
Great to see this picture, can see exactly where I used to stand every week just the other side of the tunnel close to the away fans on the other side.

And that picture of Villa. I was also in that end for that semi. I know it was a semi and we lost the final but that was one of the best days ever at Villa. There is a another picture I remember showing the whole of that end as Ipswich kicking off after the goal. The contrast between the City fans on one side and Ipswich on the other was a sight to behold.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Road" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Road</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.